Lunchboxes

Pink1981

Reaction score
I am feeling very uninspired at the moment and Sophie has had pretty much the same lunch everyday since september :blush:

She has a ham or dairylea sandwich or roll, some cucumber, grapes and carrot. A Frube, a fruit shoot and sometimes crips or cheddars

Was just wondering what do you put in your childrens lunchboxes

:flower:

Apart from what you have mentioned-Cheese strings,little pots of jelly, fruit winders,hard boiled egg,cold cooked chicken,pepperami.

My daughter is a fussy monkey so she either has

ham or chicken sandwhich or wrap or sausage roll
strawberries, grapes, melon or 2 small satsumas
popcorn (she doesnt like crisps) or breadsticks and raisins
petite filous fromage frais
a biscuit or a cake as a treat
capri sun fruit juice

DD1 usually has

-A ham salad, tuna and cucumber sandwich, pitta breads with fillings or some kind of pasta, e.g tuna, mayo and cucumber, very occasionally cold pizza.
- Fruit
- Carrot sticks/cucumber sticks
- Choobes (the yogurt stuff)

And very occasionally she will have a cake, the school ask you not to put in any chocolate, crisps, cakes etc so she usually only has this once every 6 weeks or so. :)

When DD2 goes to school next year I will add cubes of cheese in hers too, DD1 doesn't like cheese though.

My seven year old dd usually has, Apple juice carton, ham sandwich, apple, homemade cake, goldfish(little cheese crackers) and occasionally crisps or a biscuit:flower:

milk
juice
fruit
sandwhich (usually meat and cheese) OR hot food such as noodles in thermos
crackers or granola bar
yogurt OR cheese string

what about pasta salads or salads?

my son usually has crackers as he doesnt like any sandwich fillings!
then some of these, i try to alternate them each day so he doesnt get bored!
strawberries
cucumber
raisins
apple
biscuit
crisps
yoghurt
jelly

How about sliced pitta bread or mini breadsticks with a little pot of Humous? Maybe include carrot batons

Madeleine has a ham sandwich, a bag of crisps, juice, a cheese string and a banana.

My 7 year old SD usually has(rotating)
-a type of lunch meat in a wrap
-chicken noodle soup
-vegetable soup
-salad with hard boiled eggs
-ravoli

Snacks are:
-applesauce
-yogurt
-sugar free jello
-crackers
-grapes
-thinsations cookies
-veggies and dip
-fruit to go
-nutrigrain bars

For my son he usually just wants a sandwich. Jam or Cheese spread. I add 2 juices, one for each break, a fruit (apple, cucumber, oranges, and strawberries are his favs) and then a snack (fruit snack or crackers or something).

Sometimes I make sandwich "wraps", ham and cheese in a tortilla with some honey mustard. Sometimes tuna, sometimes tuna in a pita. He also loves cheese and crackers and ham.

DS has ravioli, sandwich, or lunch able and every Friday has pizza.
Water
Always has 2-3 fruit ( apple, orange, banana, kiwi, grapes, blueberries,strawberries raspberries...)
Always has 1-2 veggie ( carrot, broccoli, cucumber, cauliflower,green pepper, celery...)
Always a yogurt.
Then I alternate between cheese string, raisins, granola bar, cheese and cracker. (always 2 of theses things)

Ham or cheese sandwich with salad on, or a wrap

Baby bels or cheese strings

Carton of juice

Any piece of fruit, if it's grapes or similar they go in a little tub

Little tub of pitted olives

Yogurt/fromage frais

Cereal bar (nutri grain or similar)

Little boxes of raisins

Little tub of cherry tomatoes

Hard boiled egg

Not all of the above in one lunch obviously :lol: I have given them a pasta salad in a tub before, in place of a sandwich. It's normally a sandwich they get though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->