Lung pain from smoke

CooKie Tea

Reaction score
Whenever my partner smokes I get severe lung pain and shortness of breath these days. I have a known lung issue where the tissue is partly destroyed but have not had any issues from it. I developed a strange, dry cough the past two weeks.
I asked him to stop smoking near me but he does not believe it is harmful for me or the baby. He just opens the window, which helps next to nothing.

If you have any good info I can show him it would also be helpful.

Snap them up in front of him I would! That's so Inconsiderate! You have a lung condition anyway plus carrying a child, he shouldn't be smoking around you full stop!

Snap them up in front of him I would! That's so Inconsiderate! You have a lung condition anyway plus carrying a child, he shouldn't be smoking around you full stop!

I just did cause a huge scene when I found out how much it raises the risk for stillbirth.
But instead of standing up for his mistakes he feels "God wants to punish him and only bad people get what they want."
He is unable to understand that wrong actions can have negative consequences.

What also worries me, even if I avoid second hand smoke completely now, will it lower the risk or is it too late?

No offence hun but he sounds like hes quick enough to blame others for his mistakes, just tell him God wont punish him if he gets off his ass and go outside to smoke and leave you and your unborn baby to breathe clean air! I dont know ifs my hormones right now but your partner has angered me lol he sounds so selfish towards you! I'm a fine one to talk I still use an ecig, theres no nicotine in it, but still, I choose to do it, I'm not sat around someone who chooses to do it against my wishes if you get me

Tbh hun I know the risk is there, but the risk is still there even around non smokers, I'm sure your baby will be okay, my mum smoked on all of her pregnancies and we all turned out okay. What bothers me is your partner doesn't seen to regard your decision and choice

No offence hun but he sounds like hes quick enough to blame others for his mistakes, just tell him God wont punish him if he gets off his ass and go outside to smoke and leave you and your unborn baby to breathe clean air! I dont know ifs my hormones right now but your partner has angered me lol he sounds so selfish towards you! I'm a fine one to talk I still use an ecig, theres no nicotine in it, but still, I choose to do it, I'm not sat around someone who chooses to do it against my wishes if you get me

Tbh hun I know the risk is there, but the risk is still there even around non smokers, I'm sure your baby will be okay, my mum smoked on all of her pregnancies and we all turned out okay. What bothers me is your partner doesn't seen to regard your decision and choice

Thank you, I am sure plenty never suffer any problems!

I have been feeling much better since he quit smoking inside the house. He finally accepted it too and does not complain anymore. Even thinks its better.

But wow this was very stressful :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->