Luteal phase and spotting question?

BlueHadeda

SAHM to 4 precious kids
Reaction score
How do you determine how long is your luteal phase? Do you start counting the day of ovulation, or the first day AFTER you ovulated? And do you stop counting the day you start spotting, or the day you see red blood?

I always spot brown (sorry, TMI) for at least one day before my actual period starts. This month, I started spotting 3-4 days before I should've. If I'm not mistaken, my luteal phase used to be 13 days, but if I spotted for 4 days, then it makes this month only 9 days. Which could be a problem it seems?

Does anyone know if breastfeeding has an influence over this, and how long after you stopped, would it be until it's corrected itself? Will it correct itself again?

And lastly, do you start with CD1 the day you first start spotting (if it's alot or not), or the first day you see red blood, or the first day you see red blood that continues to be red (I see brown, red, brown, red sometimes for a few days before it's all red). From the day I start spotting, until the last day I need a pad, is 12 days, of which about 8-9 days are bright red and massive amounts. So it's quite a hectic time for me as you can imagine.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you!

Hi! Count CD1 as the first day you have a full bleed, not spotting. I know BFing can have an influence over your hormones, but to what extent, I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->