Macy Victoria...what's ur initial reaction to this name?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
We have had Macy Victoria picked out for ages for our DD but now I'm having second thoughts. We know for certain that we def want the middle name to be Victoria as this will be after my eldest sister. We love the very girly names but wanted something not so common so we settled on Macy.

What is ur first thought on this name? (Macy Victoria?)

Here is what has recently occurred to me
please don't read the spoiler until after you've thought about ur initial reaction to this name

...is she going to get made fun of for having stores as the names?! Seriously. There is Macy's the clothing store and then there is Victoria as in Victoria's Secret :dohh: wondering if we should change the name now :(

Please be honest!

K - i still really like Macy Victoria. I did when you first choose it and i do now... and i NEVER even connected the 2 names to the stores - i doubt anyone else will either.

Picking names is very hard - its something your kid has their WHOLE life!! so i totally get second guessing, but i think you picked a great one!

Nope I never even though about it!!! But then again Macy's isn't a store here.

However, Alia is actually a popular brand of old lady's clothes here and it didn't deter me one bit :D Hardly anyone has made the connection about Alia's name....and those who did thought about it before she was born.

Once your baby is here it will just be her name.... and it's beautiful. I would stick with it if I were you. Plus on a day-to-day basis she'll just be Macy, or Macy K___. Sounds perfect :cloud9:

I really like it! for some reason im more drawn to Maci as opposed to Macy, but thats just personal preference. its flows really well. :)

Initial reaction: it flows really well and I like it! Macy isn't a name I personally would use, but it's cute and pairs well with Victoria. :flower:

After spoiler: I didn't make that connection at all until you pointed it out!

I really like it despite the store connection.

Flows beautifully

Em xx

Like! Sound really good together. Would never have thought of your spoiler x

personally not a fan of Macy and now you mentioned it I linked it to the store but Victoria is a classic name and I never would of made that connection - when I hear Victoria I think queen Victoria and the Victorian era

Thanks ladies!
That makes me feel a lot less insecure about it.
I just dont want to be known as "that mom" that named her kid after stores :blush:
So im glad to know it wouldn't seem that way!

Didn't even make the connection, to be honest it makes me think of the singer macy grey (I think thats her name isn't it?) I like it :)

I did think of the store but only cos I adore the store :haha: and I was TTC when I went to NYC (am from the UK) and planned on my LO being called Macie if we conceived there and baby was a girl, so yeah the store wouldn't deter me. I also love Victoria's secrets but didn't connect the name to the store, probably because (to me) it is a more classic name that has been around longer.

I didn't even think of the stores. I think Victoria is a strong enough name that has stood up against the test of time so people don't usually associate it with the store.

I think Macy is cute enough, might be a littl hard as a 40 year old but all her colleagues will be Neaveh and Millie and North so she should be fine :haha:

Keep in mind she will rarely be Macy Victoria to the public, she will be Macy or Macy (Surname).

I did make the connection with Macy's the store originally when you told us her name (and probably why I suggested Macie instead) but never with Victoria's Secret. I honestly think the names flow very well together and sound beautiful for a beautiful little girl. <3

I didn't even think of the stores. I think Victoria is a strong enough name that has stood up against the test of time so people don't usually associate it with the store.

I think Macy is cute enough, might be a littl hard as a 40 year old but all her colleagues will be Neaveh and Millie and North so she should be fine :haha:

Keep in mind she will rarely be Macy Victoria to the public, she will be Macy or Macy (Surname).

I agree - middle names are pretty much a null point. Except when im yelling at my kids LOL!

The store doesn't exist in Canada. Also its not like you are naming her Wal-Mart.

The store doesn't exist in Canada. Also its not like you are naming her Wal-Mart.

although wal-mart exists in the UK its called Asda so I think sore names are linked to the country there in

True. Plus there are Macy stores where I live so I'm sure kids can be cruel no matter what. But if remember correctly there was a surge in this name around 1999-2000 so I'm sure its just a common name for a generation anyways. Like how the Brittany's, Amanda's, Stephanie's and Lindsay's of my generation were.

W that said I think we will probably keep the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"