Made a big mistake and told family our shortlist!

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I did this but I shared our shortlist with my parents.

George
Arthur
Henry
Benjamin (have gone off this one really)
Hugo
Alfie (have gone off this as Alfred is too close to Freddie and Alfie on its own isn't a 'proper' name for me!)

Really although we have this shortlist we're pretty decided on Arthur. My mum was complimentary about all the names but my dad said something along the lines of 'well they're all nice except Arthur I don't like that at all'. So now I'm thinking if we use it I'll always remember he said that. I'm kicking myself really. OH just says I shouldn't have mentioned it and never mind...

Everyone else likes Henry including OH. I feel like this baby will just end up Henry because it's always been on our lists so we may as well use it.

Oh how annoying, I wouldn't let it put you off, I like all your names but Arthur is probably my favourite! One the little man is here your dad won't see him as anything else. Saying that Henry is also nice, just try not to let it sway your decision. :hugs:

I love arthur. Id be naming my boy arthur if oh would let us. I also had george, henry and alfie on my list. Also like Benjamin buts its been used.

Our list are nearly identical :haha:

If this is a boy his middle name will be Arthur. Don't let others sway you if u really love the name, he's your baby and you should have the pleasure of naming him something u truly love. Love almost all the names on your list 👍🏻 xx

I love your list. Arthur and Henry are both lovely names and my faves from your list (my husband is a Benjamin lol) my boys name list was basically;Alexander, Arthur, Henry or Seth. So I think we have quite similar tastes. I wouldn't worry too much. People forget about their taste in a name once it belongs to someone. Like you never meet a person and think "yeah they were okay but can you believe the were called Sarah.... gross" :haha: it's hard to forget the comments though.

Love Arthur, call him what you want to Hun, names grow on people anyways. My mum never liked Ollie but now says she can't imagine him being anything else x

Thanks girls. OH says the same. I'm trying to consider Arthur vs Henry and the pros and cons of each xx

Arthur is a great name! And I think it's unique, which is always something I like in names.

We basically have the same list.

Although my favourite name and top runner for my baby is Henry. I have a feeling a close family member isn't going to like it when we announce baby Henry (if we have a boy) so for that reason I haven't told anyone in the family our choice. Stick with Arthur it's cute don't let anyone else put you off xx

Not everyone is going to love the name. Don't take it personal. Arthur and Henry are both really nice names. Cute for a child and strong for a grown man. Once they meet him, they will fall in love with him and his name. Don't worry about it. I doubt anyone would be so rude to say anything once he's born.

NOBODY liked either of my kids names. My FIL said he would never call Thomas by his name and referred to him as 'the little fella' for a good 2 years. Lots of people called Sophie Sophia as that's a 'real name'. They all got over it in the end! My mum wanted Thomas to be called Jack desperately but hey...she had her kids. My turn to name now.

She wants me to name this baby Jessie and there's no way. Not to my taste at all.

Stick with Arthur if it feels right!

Personally I love the name Henry. But it's your baby and you have to live with the name forever so choose the one you love the most. It's disappointing when people don't love the name you've chosen, doesn't mean he will love the child any less. I agree with someone else that said names grow on people. Sometimes it just takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->