Madeleine is finally here!!

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
So it all started on Thursday eveing around 6pm when i was getting niggles so started to time them, they gradually got a lot stronger so called up birth centre, They told me to keep an eye on them and call back if needs be, so I went to bed that night and just could not sleep, The pains got stronger but were still irregular! I could not take the pain no more by about 5.30am Friday morning so went off to hospital.

They examined me and i was told i was only 1cm!! I could of cried, She did a sweep to try kick start and kept me in anyway as i was meant to be getting induced the same day. Contractions fizzled out after about 3 hours of been in there, Tried a walk but nothing, The MW sent me up to labour ward for induction but at first had to monitor baby, Everything was fine but then she told us we may not get into induction til the morning as they were busy!!!! Well I was fuming as we were already bloody booked for an induction, My contractions were coming back by this point and getting stronger, They sent me to another ward to wait and at this point I was in agony,

Me and OH was in a room where they were 4 other beds, so i was contracting and in so much pain I wanted to scream but felt stupid as this room was full!!! The MW then came to tell us that there were 2 people in front of me to get induced, I told her i can not take the pain and need pain releif, She gave me paracetamol and codene but that did nothing at all!! Took a hot bath but still did nothing so I asked the MW if I could have something stronger, NOPE she said not yet your still early stage!! By this point I just wanted to curl up and die it felt never ending :(

Finally after an hour of begging her for something better she offered me pethadine and said it would help me relax, So I had this only to find my contractions started coming strong and fast!! I was been sick now too and she had also told me it would stop sickness. After ten mins of throwing up she had left and MWs changed over, The next MW told me pethadine would go one way or the other, contrations would ease or get worse!!!!! I am crying by this point as it was just too much.

We finally got moved to labour ward at 12.30am to be examined and to get induction started, MW examined me and said i was 3 cm first thing I said was "when can i have the epi dural!!!" She was lovely and told me she would get it sorted for me, she broke my waters and off i went to my own room. I couldnt keep my eyes open at this point i was so nackered, the doctors etc came in and did the epidural for me, I then just zonked out totally on the bed and slept for 3 hours, only to be woken with the contraction pain coming back on one side, This kept happening throught out the ngiht and it kept getting topped up, The epidural was a godsend for a while until it got to about 11am on Friday morning and it completley wore off! they kept topping it up but nothing.

By now contractions were coming thick and fast and i was fully dilated and in fucking agony to be quite blunt!! I was screaming the place down while waiting for a doc to give me some more drugs, something stronget than the epi, she was taking ages as she was in theatre so i was getting really angry and just crying as the pain was too much, I no some of you may find it easy but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!! It hurt me alot!! That still wasnt doing anything and i was having to push at this point, MW said i was doing fab pushing but babys head wasnt coming down and she was also back to back, I pushed for around 45 mins and they then decided to take me to theatre to use forceps

They told me that they would numb me copletley incase of a C-Section, Well been numb was amazing but i was shaking like a leaf asking the docs and MWs if forceps would hurt baby! The MW told when to push as i couldn't feel contractions or anything and after 2 pushed she was out

My beautiful daughter Madeleine was born at 2:32pm on the 19th of Febuary 15 day's over due and looking teeny!weighing 6lb 12oz. She didnt cry for about 3 minuites and i have never felt so scared in my life, I heard her cry and my heart melted I just burst out crying myself.

She is absolutly gorgeous and i can honestly tell you i have never felt love like it, Never! She is the most precious thing to me in the whole world and I would do it all over again, It was worth every bit of pain.

012.jpg

017.jpg

Congratulations, the pain is all worth it isn't it :thumbup:

Aww that made me cry like a baby :baby:

You did so well, congratualtions, she's beautiful :flower:

Aww she is gorgeous! And what a lovely name she has too :happydance:

Congrats and well done! :flower:

Awww, congratulations Amy. Madeleine is beautiful :) It sounds like you had a rough time but it is worth every bit of pain isn't it x

congrats hun :flower:hope your recovering well, she has a lovely name :)

Congrats:dance:
I love her Minnie Mouse outfit:)x

Congrats hon on your beautiful little girls arrival :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->