Madelyn Reece Miller born on her due date

tlh97990

Mom and expecting 2nd
Reaction score
I went to the doctor Monday October 31st hoping to get an induction scheduled but was told I would have to wait another week when my normal doctor was back in town to schedule one. i was really disappointed. when the OB checked my cervix she said it was soft and dilated at 1 cm.

Tuesday November 1st i woke up at about 7:30 am having contractions, but they weren't very strong or regular so I got ready for work and went about my day. While I was at work the contractions were getting worse and closer together but still irregular and not unbearable how I pictured them to be. At noon I text my OH and told him I thought I was in labor because the contractions were every 5-8 minutes. he told me to go to the hospital but I only had an hour left of work for the day so i figured i'd suck it up and go get checked out afterwards.

I left work at 1pm and went home and ate some pizza and took a nap. I was still uncomfortable but didnt think I would be admitted if i went to the hospital. i was watching reruns of Private Practice and watched an episode where babies were switched at birth and it wasn't found out until a few months later which got my hormones going.

About 4pm I decided to call my doctor to see what they thought i should do. they told me to go to the hospital just to be monitored to make sure everything was ok. I drove myself and when I was hooked up to the monitors they could see i was having contractions. The nurse checked my cervix and asked what I was dilated at the day before. i told her i was told 1 cm and she said i was at 3 cm now. she wanted me to walk for a little while to see if i would continue dilating but my blood pressure was high so i had to just lay in bed and see if i would progress on my own in an hour. i text my OH and told him that i might be admitted and to feed the dogs and i'd let him know if i was going home or staying in an hour.

at 5:30pm the nurse came in to check me again and i was now at 4 cm and had my bloody show. she called my doctor to see what he wanted to do. a few minutes later she came back in and said i was being moved to a labor and delivery room and wasnt going home until my baby was here. i called my OH to come to the hospital and was admitted at 6pm. i sat in the jacuzzi for an hour which helped contractions a little but not too much. at 7pm i was dilated to 5cm and i tried some pain medicine but it made me dizzy and nauseous and did not take away the pain.

at 8pm my doctor came in and checked my cervix and said i was now at 6cm and he was going to break my water to help speed it up more. i asked when i was going to get an epidural and they told me the anesthesiologist would be up in 15 minutes to give it to me. after my doctor broke my water my contractions were coming every 30 seconds to a minute and extremely strong. i was crying and begging for my epidural by 830. i was told the anesthesiologist was stuck in an elective surgery and would give me the epidural as soon as he could. it was almost 11pm when i finally got the epidural. after that i was feeling great and thought id be able to get some sleep.

at midnight i was at 9 cm and at 1am i was at 10 cm and the nurse told me we were going to do some practice pushing (so much for sleeping) i could feel the head starting to come out and realized they werent really practice pushes. my doctor got there about 1:15 am and i started really pushing. finally at 1:58 am my beautiful daughter Madelyn Reece Miller was born weighing 8lbs 8oz 20 1/4inches long.

congrats!! she's precious!! that must've been hard waiting for that epidural!! Our babies were born 22 minutes within each other and weighed the same!!!

congrats!! she's precious!! that must've been hard waiting for that epidural!! Our babies were born 22 minutes within each other and weighed the same!!!

it was i kept begging the nurse to go take him out of surgery and he didnt need to be there!! that is crazy how close together they were born!

She's gorgoues, congratulations x

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/Iluvpurplethings/Misc/04cf875d.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

i love that message rose..i never understood what people meant when they said the love for their children was unexplainable until i saw her face! i dont remember my life before her and it wasnt that long ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->