Madison MacPhee's arrival! (long)

wantababybump

Reaction score
Well since the little miss is sleeping I decided to write out my birth story or at least what I completely remember of it lol

Last Friday I went to my doctors appointment and was complaining of some pain so my nurse asked if I would like my doctor to do an internal and if I wanted her to do a sweep...of course I said yes and when the doctor checked me I was about 1.5cm and 70% effaced, cervix was nice and soft and the membranes were bulging! We were pretty sure I would end up going soon and she told me she didn't think she would see me at my next appointment!

That night I was having some bad cramping and contractions that were about 7-10 mins apart so eventually we decided to go to the hospital around 12am just to get checked out. A really b!tchy nurse checked me and said she didn't know what my doctor was talking about as she didn't feel I was 70% or had any change to my cervix...she told me to go home and not to time my contractions just come back if I was in immense pain. Take a bath, take some tylenol and get some sleep. We got home around 2:30am. I took a bath, took 2 extra strength tylenol and tried to sleep but was in so much pain I could barely move. Shawn woke up and was really worried about me around 330am so he took a shower with me because I was feeling a bit faint and then I took 2 more extra strength tylenol and the pain wasn't subsiding. I couldn't stop bawling I was in so much pain.

He took me back to the hospital around 4am and the same nurse was working and said to me "I doubt there are any changes". Didn't tell me what my dilation was at and then decided to send me to a birthing room to take some morphine and gravol and get some rest. I didn't get much rest. With every contraction I would wake back up. At around 9am another nurse came in and bless her she was such a sweetie! She checked me and said I was about 4cm...Luckily my doctor was the doctor on call and this nurse really wanted to try and convince the doctor to induce me because I was feeling so poorly and in so much pain but didn't think they would admit me as I wasn't 4cm yet but said she would try.

My doctor came in and checked me again and said "you're about 4cm and 80% so lets get you admitted and break your waters!" I was never so relieved in my life. I really thought they would send me home especially with the way that other nurse made me feel...I felt like I was wasting their time and that I was stupid for even bothering coming in I even cried because of it.

She broke my water and again told me how much it was bulging...she seemed quite amazed that it was bulging so bad so I figure that's probably why I was feeling so much pressure down there and definitely felt quite heavy!

They sent me to the birth room where they told me I could have the epi if I wanted and I definitely wanted it lol but my contractions started to slow down so I had to walk the halls to try and get them to come a bit closer...it worked and eventually I got the epi...it was amazing!

Around 4 or 5pm they gave me oxytocin because I wasn't really progressing any, my mom and dad showed up, and my doctor came back in and checked me again...I was about 5cm at that time and she said I had still quite a bit of water left so released the rest of that and sure enough her head came down (she was already turned the right way). The doubled the oxytocin every half hour I think and my contractions were coming stronger and more frequent but I didn't really feel them just here and there.

We all just sat around and chatted for a while and waited for things to progress. Shawn's parents, grandmother, and 3 cousin's showed up around 8pm and at that time the doctor had just checked me again and I was at 6-7cm. By the time his family had left around 9pm I had been feeling A LOT of pressure in my bum but just thought it was the contractions...went to push the epi button and my nurse said "oh no you dont! lol" and decided to get the doctor to check me again because I was feeling pressure...she ended up checking me instead as she thought I was ready. I was 10cm and ready to push!! They thought I probably had at least 6-7 more hours until I would be at 10 because I didn't progress fast and was only 6-7cm an hour before.

The delivery was hard but fast. I pushed for 38-40 mins but my contractions were coming so hard and close together I didn't have time to take breaks in between contractions and even the nurse didn't have time to write down what she needed to because as soon as I stopped pushing I would automatically need to push again. I vomited because I hadn't eaten since 11p the day before (and vomited that up when we left for the hospital the second time) and felt really dizzy and warm but eventually she was here. The 2 of us had a fever but they managed to get it down fairly quickly!

Shawn watched the whole thing and did wonderfully with it! He said the weirdest part was watching me deliver the placenta...which also wasn't easy as my cervix had pretty much snapped right back to about 3cm before they could get it out. The only thing they had gotten out was the cord and with about 15 more minutes of little pushes here and there they got it out.

I had second degree tears and when they came back to check on my stitches they noticed I had several other small tears that they needed to stitch up. So I had to endure more of that.

Overall it all went fairly fast and I am so glad to finally have her here. It's a miracle and such a joy as we had been through so much with the 2 miscarriages and the 2 years of TTC. It was all definitely worth it and I would do it all over again! :cloud9:

Here are a few pics of her!

Just born
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0123.jpg

Daddy holding his girl for the first time :cloud9:
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0137.jpg

Me holding my girl for the first time :cloud9:
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0124.jpg

Proud Nana (my mom)
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0140.jpg

Proud Poppy (my dad)
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0143.jpg

Sweet little girl :cloud9:
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/Percilla1987/Madison%20Fay%20Victoria%20MacPhee/100_0160.jpg

My GOD she's GORGEOUS!! :cloud9: Massive congrats from a fellow maple leaf :D
:kiss:

HI!
Congrats she is beautiful! Where in NS are you from? i am from NS too...on the South Shore!

congrats on little Madison - she's gorgeous!

Congrats hun..glad you have your baby girl in your arms..I know it has been a rough road for you and Shawn. She is absolutely beautiful!! xo:hugs:

Can't believe I only just seen your actual announcement. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->