Major anxiety in 3rd trimester

fashionlover

Reaction score
My anxiety levels are to the max since my 29 week mark. I am trying to stay positive and breath through the bouts that I have. It mostly happens at night before I go to bed and around 4am when I cannot force myself to go back to sleep. It is mostly uncontrollable thoughts that worry me to no end. Has anyone else experienced this, and what have you done to control it?:nope:

So sorry you are going through this. I have a history of depression and anxiety, however I also had/have fertility problems - so this surprise baby after 8 years of trying took me out of my last bout of major depression and I have been ok all through pregnancy. I was hospitalized once because of major anxiety due to financial concerns when the market crashed and I thought I was going to lose my husband and everything I had. I could not turn my mind off and therefore could not sleep, at all. They tried CBT therapy with me daily, it didn't work for me but maybe it might help you. Whatever you are concerned about there is absolutely no way that you know it will happen, since we cannot see into the future...and hopefully in knowing that your concerns won't necessarily come true, and probably won't, might help to keep those thougths in perspective and away. I didn't lose everything, not even close - and we both have miracles on the way!

Hugs and let me know if you need anything.

Thank you so much for your response. It is nice to know that I am not alone. I am just feeling so overwhelmed these days. I was forced to quit my job because I was so sick in my first trimester. I run a small business out of my home, but business has been pretty slow lately and I am worried most of the time about finances. My biggest worry is that something is going to go wrong with baby. I am trying so hard to have positive thoughts but somehow the bad thoughts keep creeping in.

I am going through this now. The last two nights I have woken about n hour after going to sleep with waves of anxiety every time I try to fall back to sleep. I've also had anxiety attacks in the day. I have found it best to go lay on my bed and just try to get in a position where I can't feel my heart rate as easily. And try and wait it out telling myself it will go away. Closing my eyes helps too.

ive listened to hypno relaxation cds all through my preg and find them great for relaxing and stoppin ur mind racing xxxxx
ive had a few health issues ( liver related) and worries and it really helped me .
im not even worried about the birth and im being induced monday :)
hope u feel better soon honey xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->