Making potatoe as part of a meal for a baby...how?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I was looking through the annabel karmel book and one of the foods i am going to cook this week involve potatoe...how would i cook this? would i boil it? Has anyone used potatoe as part of a meal? xx

Im forever using spuds! boil them, mash them, roast them. At 6 months you could use new spuds as a finger food. Baby has good choking reflex too at over 6 months.

Ive given Seth mashed potato (by boiling), jacket potato (not the skin obvs, cooked in the microwave) and potato gratin (in thin slices with cheese sauce in the oven).

Hope that helps.

xxx

Thankyou :hugs: For some reason i thought it would be more complex then that...i didn't think i could make it like we make it for ourselves...im just going to boil it and mash it:)

Thanks again xxx

Well I dont know for certain but thats what Ive been doing and he hasn't been poorly or anything lol

Hope its ok :)

xxx

i bake sweet poatos in the oven and scrape out the middle and squeeze it through a sieve. LO loves it!

I boil either sweet spuds or any type & mix with Mia's milk then put through the siv or use blender if I am in a rush. Adding a nip of cinaman (sp!) powder to flavour! Good luck I weaned Mia with the help of a dietician at the hosp cos she was so underweight & I hated doing it but I am so glad now she is on 3 spoonfeeds a day. If you want any advice feel free to pm me.

I boil either sweet spuds or any type & mix with Mia's milk then put through the siv or use blender if I am in a rush. Adding a nip of cinaman (sp!) powder to flavour! Good luck I weaned Mia with the help of a dietician at the hosp cos she was so underweight & I hated doing it but I am so glad now she is on 3 spoonfeeds a day. If you want any advice feel free to pm me.

oooh - how long before your dietician went to 3 meals a day? we're on 2 but i feel maybe he should start breakfast soon too. How great to have private advice like that!

oooh - how long before your dietician went to 3 meals a day? we're on 2 but i feel maybe he should start breakfast soon too. How great to have private advice like that![/QUOTE]

Mia got rusks & babyrice @ 15 wks then fruit @ lunchtime @ 19 wks just started on veg @ dinnertime last week & loves it anything I give her has to have her special diet milk (Neocate) mixed with it as she only drinks a bottle in the morning & I have to force it into her.

I steam thin slices of peeled potatoes and add some water to it and put it in the blender! Josh loves them

I havent givin max any potatoes yet lol but maybe because i dont eat them that often ..we went to the resto last week and he had some mashed ones which he loves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->