Making smoking sexy?

Nibblenic

Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ake-smoking-look-sexy-fashion-cigarettes.html

Are these cigerettes glamorising smoking? Making it more apealing to a younger female audience?

Or are they a legal product with labeling that meets the Law and have just as much place on the helves as Labert and buttler?

well I don't like the look of them personally and I think perhaps they are making it "fashionable" to be seen with a ciggie. From a personal point of view, i used to smoke as a teen and my mum bought some back from spain that were pink and purple and stuff and I did used to pinch them coz i thought they would make me look cooler! so perhaps these will have the same effect...on the other side of the argument, there are ladies that smoke that may prefer a more "elegant" look...lol!! xxxxx

:shrug: I dont think it makes much of a difference.

Packaging... marketing... it's all the same whether it's a tobacco company/brand or any other. They wanna sell as much as they can and they've introduced a new 'look' packaging and cigs to try to tap into new markets. We can dislike it til the cows come home but we live in a capitalist economy and that's what companies exist for - to sell sell sell and get rich. Personally I feel anyone who takes up smoking because the packet of fags looks a certain way is :wacko: But then.... I feel that anyone who believes ANY advertising, packaging gloss or anything like that needs a dose of reality too.

No offence intended to anyone - I'm just an old cynic :flower:

Well I used to smoke. I don't any more.

But that packet makes me want to go out and buy some! :blush:
Maybe im just a slave to advertising. But I really want a packet now.

I wouldn't say it was specifically targeted at young women though.

There's a comment on the article that says they should put a cancerous lung on the packaging like they do in Canada - that would certainly make them less glamorous!!

I don't think it makes it sexy. Maybe it is targeted at young women but I know OH would want this packet too (he is a bit on the camp side, bless him!)
I can imagine my brother wanting to have them to. I don't know... maybe I am just surronded by feminine men!!!

HAHAHA! they cigarettes to me look chavtastic!

They put me off going back to smoking more personally. Smoking to me has never been sexy but i will be honest and say that when i did smoke, i loved the ban as i used to flirt with all the other men smokers outside (it was like a little private party) and i sort of miss that. I thought by law in england (possibly the UK) they had to put a big sign on the packets saying about the harms they cause and also some pictures? that will ruin the look of that packet!

^ Yeah those pics are on fag packets up here too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"