• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

making your own puree's

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
Summer tasted her moms cooking this evening and she LOVED it :cloud9:
she had sweet potato and carrot puree. for the past week i have tried her on the hipp organic 1st tasters which is carrot and sweetcorn so ive decided tht she is ready for a variety of purees. so ive made her a batch up with my new hand blender that i bought lol and they are in freezer.

Basically my question is how long can you freeze veg purees for?

I read that it was 3 months in the freezer. I fill ice trays and cover them, let them freeze for a day they put them in ziploc baggies. Erica hasn't been eating solids for 3 months, so I obviously haven't let them stay in the freezer that long, but I dont think I'd leave them 3 months anyway. Erica is still testing new foods and what not, so I just make a small batch of those, and the things that I know she likes (bananas, carrots, etc) I make enough for about 1-2 weeks. Also just so you know, freezing some foods (like bananas) might change the color of them, but I was also told that was completely normal.

I love making Erica's food, and she actually likes it much more than the jars. The few times I've given her jars, she gives it a really bad look at first. Have fun with it too! I love letting her try new things and mixing different things together once she has tried both for a while.

Thanks very much, yeh i have only made up 2 weeks of dinners but just for future reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->