Malunggay/Moringa for milk supply?

lenorajoy

Mom to a beautiful girl!
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this? I just came across an article about malunggay/moringa boosting milk supply.

I guess it's widely used in the Philippines and India (where it grows) to boost milk supply and I've read it's very effective when fenugreek isn't. Since I can't take fenugreek due to it making DD very gassy, I'm thinking of giving it a try. The ones sold as moringa on Amazon are reasonably priced and the reviews and answers to questions on there say that it really works.

I'm curious if anyone on here has tried it and if it worked for them!

For anyone that may read this post, I've been taking moringa since May 21st and haven't seen a drastic increase in milk supply. I've also started pumping at night after breastfeeding and trying to get extra let downs while I'm pumping at work, so I'm not sure if those efforts account for the extra few ounces I'm able to pump now or if it's the moringa. It wasn't a sudden increase, but gradual, so it's difficult to say.

So I started out taking 1 capsule 3x a day and gave it about a week. When I didn't see any difference, I bumped it up to 2 capsules 3x a day. There was a slight gradual increase, but not much. So I bumped it up again to 3 capsules 3x a day. I finally pumped 10 oz during my work day yesterday! Again, I'm not sure if this was thanks to moringa or extra pumping.

I did realize last night that DD's diarrhea (and mine) and abdominal pain started around the time I increased the dose from 6 per day to 9 per day. Apparently moringa leaves act as a laxative in high doses, and 9 pills a day is too much for me and DD. I'll be bumping it back down to 6 pills a day and see how we do. I'll update in case anyone reads this and is curious as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->