Mama cloth for postnatal bleeding

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My sister is expecting her first and hates pads, and I remember how itchy and dry the disposable were, so I thought I make her some mama cloth!

My question is, how absorbant should they be? I bled pretty heavily after my son. What materials did you use for absorbency? Thanks!

Something with a pocket or some other way to add absorbency would be great, so she can continue using them for regular use afterward if she wishes. I believe the Love My Lady Cloth pattern has a pocket (meant for ice packs) that would work.

For absorbency, generally 3 or even 4 layers of heavy weight bamboo fleece are used. But like I said, making them for regular use se (two layers)with some extra two layer boosters for the initial heavy days would probably be a good idea. My post partum pads were somewhere between 30 and 35cm I believe, and I loved the extra length for comfort even for regular use.

I looked at a few fabric stores but couldn't find bamboo fleece. All I could find is 100% cotton or cotton flannel.
Which would be better and how many layers of it do you think she would need? I doubt she would reuse them, she only uses tampons, but she said she would wash them and keep them for future children.

I strongly advise not looking around this store too much unless you have plenty of money because they have the most beautiful fleecy fabric. They have bamboo fleece though so I have to give you the link and trust you to spend responsibly :D

https://www.plushaddict.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Bamboo

I see you are in the US. Try wazoodle (online store). They carry zorb. Two layers of that sandwiched between two layers of flannel will be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->