Mammogram during luteal phase?

WrinklyMummy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently on 7dpo / cd30 and have an urgent mammogram / ultrasound booked for next Tues (when I'll be 12dpo/cd35) for a lump on my breast. I don't want them to cancel the appointment as the next one isn't for weeks Andy I'm so worried about this lump, so can I ask for a lead apron over my belly whilst I'm standing up at the mammogram, just incase I've conceived? I don't think an HPT would show up that early as I tend to go positive very late... 😕

I saw a gynaecologist 2 days ago as suspected I wasn't ovulating as my cd21 progesterone was only 3.2, but FF said I ovulated on cd23 so that would explain it. ANyhow, he took a beta hcg and will ring me next week but surely it wouldn't show positive at 5dpo?! 😳

Thanks for reading,

WM 👍

No, you will not show up positive on a blood test until a minimum of 7dpo and usually its 8 or later even for blood. I would let them know your concern about the scan and you being possibly pregnant. They should advise you.
I personally don't recommend mammograms to anyone. There is more and more proof that they cause harm, but so many doctors still recommend them. Hopefully you get told the lump is nothing. Good luck.

If it's an ultrasound then if you have conceived you'd be ok anyway. If it's a mammogram then it's X-rays which ideally should be avoided but obviously you need this lump checking out. So I'd tell them you may be pregnant and ask for a lead apron. Hope the lump is nothing.

Thanks for your replies... yeah it's not ideal having a mammogram, but isn't that the only sure-fire way to determine whether or not this lump is breast cancer?🤔

I've been having cramps this evening (around my groin area, and a few pricks around my lower belly), but although it's 7dpo it's also cd30 so it could well be af on her way...😕

Still, it ain't over until the bleeding starts! 🙏 Positive thinking eh 😉

I have heard ultrasounds are more accurate and show more than mammograms. It might be worth doing some research so you can advocate for yourself and get the best test.

Mammograms make me angry because you better believe if checking for testicular cancer required squeezing a testicle between 2 plates of glass, a new test would be invented in about 6 months. But since it's for women... we get to endure the painful/uncomfortable procedures. Grrrrrrr

I agree with asking for an apron, and I hope this lump turns out to be nothing. <3

Ultrasounds or the new heat ray method- both are way safer than mammogram, pregnant or not and both can tell about the lump.

Edited to add teh website talks about mammograms and the new thermography method that is safer and more effective that mammograms. https://www.pathtohealthandhealing.com/2014/03/25/no-more-mammograms/?v=868f8823ca02

Well it's on Tuesday and I don't want to wait any longer by looking into any new tests so will tell them I'm TTC and ask for an apron. I have very small breasts (34a) in comparison to the rest of my body (size 14-16!) - blame breastfeeding 3 kids, lol! &#55357;&#56841;&#55356;&#57203;&#55356;&#57203; So I'm hoping it will be less uncomfortable...?

Good luck hun. I don't think it's the most comfortable thing but it's just a means to an end. You really can't mess about with cancer. If caught early breast cancer treatment rates are excellent so I completely agree just ask for an apron. I had an x ray while I was pregnant with ds and while I really wasn't happy about it, I needed it doing so I had an apron too. He didn't come out with two heads or anything &#128521;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->