Marginally high levels of prolactin

DanielleTTC

Reaction score
Hey just had a letter from the doctor saying i had marginally high level of prolactin! has anyone had this before!

I had this. Was given Cabgolin tablets to reduce the level.

Its great you asked this because I was going to!! I had my day 3 bloods and the nurse called to say I have prolactin levels of 32.5. Normal is around 24. I have been asked to go back tomorrow and give blood again. This time, no eating overnight before the bloods, and no nipple stim (!!!!) for 24 h before. They want to recheck the values.

Anyone have any insight into this? I know prolactin could interfere with ovulation, although I think I am ovulating?

is 24.75 considered high?
I am breastfeeding but Im doing a FET soon and will tell my doctor Im no longer BFing... so i need my prolactin level to be in the non pregnant non breastfeeding range

Have they tested the type of prolactin. Apparently there are different types. Mine was high but lab analysed it and my doc said it was nothing to worry about. Was unsuccessful with ivf but think that was down to low amh - rubbish eggs.

I have this, my RE ordered a brain MRI to make sure there were no tumors or anything. After that was clear and normal. I take 1/2 pill of cabergoline 2x a week. I forget what my levels were.

how u get pregnant babe? im ttc, got high prolactin. now on Cabegoline

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->