• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marine A

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
https://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24870699

I know theres an official petition to have him released. I'm wondering how everyone feels about the whole situation.

I don't say this lightly as my brother is a serving soldier, but there are rules to war and he broke them. He did murder the insurgent and was put to trial and found guilty. If he was a civvy there wouldn't be an issue with his being found guilty.

I agree. I'm on the side of the law. Its murder. There is no place for revenge when you wear a uniform and protect your country. It makes you as bad as those you are fighting to stop.

As a military wife I have friends who have asked me to sign the petition. I refuse. They are soldiers (or marines in this case) not gods, what separates us from people like the Taliban is our civilised society and the concept of the Geneva convention. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to fight in a war where the other side plays by different rules but this is what we are fighting for. What he did was illegal and immoral and he should be treated with no leniency. He will be one of the best trained infantry persons in the UK military and knew exactly what he was doing, there are no excuses, it is barbaric and makes him no different to one of them.

Oh and I should add I don't feel sorry for the insurgent, it's not an emotional issue for me he could have been killed legally in other circumstances, but the issue is the way in which he was killed and what that stands for, we are not lawless, war doesn't come without terms so to treat the marine with leniency would be a disservice to our military and our society. If he had shot first then marine A would have been commended for shooting back, that is how it works.

As a military wife I have friends who have asked me to sign the petition. I refuse. They are soldiers (or marines in this case) not gods, what separates us from people like the Taliban is our civilised society and the concept of the Geneva convention. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to fight in a war where the other side plays by different rules but this is what we are fighting for. What he did was illegal and immoral and he should be treated with no leniency. He will be one of the best trained infantry persons in the UK military and knew exactly what he was doing, there are no excuses, it is barbaric and makes him no different to one of them.

Oh and I should add I don't feel sorry for the insurgent, it's not an emotional issue for me he could have been killed legally in other circumstances, but the issue is the way in which he was killed and what that stands for, we are not lawless, war doesn't come without terms so to treat the marine with leniency would be a disservice to our military and our society. If he had shot first then marine A would have been commended for shooting back, that is how it works.

:thumbup:

Completely agree!

This. MW the voice of reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->