Marwell zoo with asd toddler

nicki01

Reaction score
So we are maybe thinking of attempting a trip to marwell zoo tomorrow! Not sure at all how this will go.
My question is, it says a carer can get in for free, I'm her mum but I guess her carer too? How would I provide proof? Or am I getting it completely wrong?
Anyone know much about these things? We never do anything like this as a family as its usually too much for her but we may try too tomorrow! I've googled but can't find anything.

some places need to see a DLA/carers allowance letter. I cant imagine you would have much problem either way, but, give them a phone before you leave.

Edit: according to the website it seems a DLA letter would be fine

You can apply for a carer ticket if you are getting DLA (at any rate) or have a blue badge or other proof of your child's disability. You will need to bring proof on the day to qualify for your carer ticket.

if your day goes well its worth checking the prices of annual membership, they can be a lot cheaper and worthwhile buying. We bought one for our zoo last year, it was almost the price of two visits and we could go when we wanted, and your Tori would get in free like our Tori did because of age.

Thank you so much for the info. I looked on the website but couldn't find much on it, obviously I didn't look well enough lol!
I will definatly take her DLA letter with me and see what they say.
I don't mind paying full price for us if we can make a day and enjoy it, but we may have to leave if she gets overwhelmed and I will be gutted if we have paid £50 for half an hour! So if me and tori can get in free and pay for dad and Charlie then it will be worth going.
I can't see us being in there too long as we will need to keep moving/busy or she won't cope.
Fingers crossed it goes well. I'm nervous already!

:hugs: I know very well what you mean, everything is hit and miss

It went amazing! I went in as her carer. We got there at 11 and left at 5. She even had her picture taken with the easter bunny. She did almost freak when she seen all the parents watching but managed to stay focused looking at daddy who was taking the picture. She really did surprise me.

Have only just seen this. I live locally. Have you heard of Marwell Dream Night? They do a night for families of disabled adults and children only. You can feed the animals and everything. All free x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->