Mastitis without red hot bit?

lau86

Reaction score
I have woken up today and my left breast feels as though someone has punched it, I also don't feel very well (don't think I have a temp though). There is no redness or lumps, now LO has fed it just feels squishy and generally sore all over. The nipple is fine no cracks. Is this mastitis or something else?
I am on steroid drops for an eye condition and no one told me not to bf. but I can taste the drops so some must be getting absorbed that way...
Eugh what do I do?

Actually I can see a red bit now so I guess it must be mastitis..

Could be either mastitis or a blocked duct. When my most recent mastitis started there wasn't any red areas until the next day, and then it came up and looked like I had been badly sunburnt. I would get yourself down to the dr for some antibiotics. Mastitis is horrible :nope:

I had this last week...a bruised extremely painful left breast...no lumps.....next day had fever and chills generally achy feeling....the next day a red streak like a half moon on my breast....def was mastitis....cleared up in two days with antibiotics:):) get it checked hun...the sooner you get on antibiotics the better youll feel:):)

Yep good advice above. I got a prescription for antibiotics but decided with my doctor's agreement that I would try to treat it with warmth, massage, extra nursing sessions because I only had a sore spot and felt like crap. By the end of the night I had started to feel like I had been run over by a truck.

I've got antibiotics and am feeling much better but my baby has been extremely unsettled and I think it's the antibiotics (flucloxacillin). They give me terrible heartburn so.... I dunno I know they say its important to finish the course but I am tempted to stop now

Mastitis lowered my supply on the affected side, but it came back quickly. I think it's important to finish the antibiotics without an ok from your doctor. The stronger bacteria could survive and cause a worse infection.

My antibiotics made me feel like shit too, but the thought of getting mastitis again got me through lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->