Mastitis

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
so I have mastitis, and its to the point where I am having major flu symptoms like chills, fever, extreme fatigue, and pain all over. I didn't even know it had any symptoms other than a sore breast, but its brutal. I'm knocked on my ass. But Kyle seems to think he's an expert on the subject since he wikepedia'd it. He says I should be able to clear it up myself. Even though I've been told to go to a clinic asap or even emerg by numerous people, including a nurse. But I don't drive so I don't know what to do. Should I wait until Thurs for a doctors appt?

No do not wait. If it was still in the stages of being a plugged duct (as in sore lump in breast) I would suggest trying things to clear it yourself. Your partner has probably provided you with instructions on how to do so.

But since you are feeling flu-like symptoms, your whole body is fighting infection. You need antibiotics. If you can change your doctor appointment for today (call if they are open and tell them your symptoms, it doesn't take more than 2 minutes to make a diagnosis), perfect. If not, go to ER. I wouldn't risk it hun.

I would definitely not wait 2 days. I've had it where it gets so bad I can barely stand up within 12 hours of feeling ill. I'd go now (or in the morning depending on what time it is there).

You can ride it out but why would you? Get help if it's available, don't be a martyr - you have to look after yourself in order to look after kids.
I had mastitis yesterday - flu symptoms all night (first serious shivering then burning up ) and very sore breast. After a night of no sleep but lots of feeding and massaging the breast it has righted itself so I am lucky, i don't think mine was the infectious stage. If you've been suffering for a full day or more then get to the doc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->