Maternity bras DD+... having problems! (UK)

endlessblue

Reaction score
I'm currently still wearing my pre-pregnancy underwired bras which I'm completely spilling out of, and I'm in desperate need of maternity bras. Only problem is, nothing looks particularly supportive for larger boobs as they have no underwire... Can anyone offer any tips/advice? Which are the best shops or brands?

It's not a nursing or maternity bra but I'm an e cup and I've just bought a belvia bra which I'm finding quite supportive. Obviously it's no push up bra but I find it quite good and amazingly comfy. Plus because it's sized s m l etc rather than specific cup sizes it'll be ok for a bit of growth. I keep recommending this to people but nobody seems to want to try it- probably think I work for them lol

The mothercare ones are not too bad if you get measured correctly and as they are soft you can sleep in them too. I bought some extra support nursing ones yesterday in a 36h and felt quite well supported. I think that Royce do some nice ones as do Freya all in the larger sizes for even more support without wire try a sports bra the best one I have found so far for a larger size is the shock absorber ones. If you really don't like not having an underwire I found some really good nursing bras last time which have a softer wire and these are by a brand called elomi. From my experience it is not really worth looking at the cheaper brands as they don't give the support I needed and I felt like I was wobbling all over, the best thing that you can do s go and try a few on. Hope this helps

I bought some nursing bras in M&S in my first pregnancy as my boobs were very sore and wireless seemed to feel best (though they definitely sat a bit lower!!). I am GG and find it really hard to buy bras at the best of times.

Brastop.com is good value for branded bras such as Freya, though I haven't bought nursing or maternity bras there yet.

Freya brand is awesome! Lots of support! If you use EBay you can get some really good deals :)

I'm an F cup and brought some from both M&S and Mothercare last pregnancy. I found I had to try a few sizes to find the perfect fit as (obviously) my boobs were bigger and so was my back / rib cage. As a previous poster has put, with M&S once you find the right size, there are often bras, brand new with their tags on ebay at less than half price.

That's been a great help, thank you everyone! :) I guess it's going to be trial and error... need to do some shopping around until I find some that fit well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->