• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity clothes

BelleNuit

Reaction score
When did you all start wearing maternity clothes? This is my first pregnancy and I'm just a couple days shy of 16 weeks. I've outgrown my pants and need something bigger. Is this early for needing maternity wear?

I'm just about 17 weeks and I've pulled out some of my maternity clothes also started wearing bump expander few weeks ago for my jeans

About 18 weeks with baby #1
14 weeks with baby #2
Lol definitely show sooner the second time around!

I have been slowly collecting maternity clothes since week 7 - couldn't help myself! My biggest concern was waking up one day and having no clothes that fit, so I wanted to be prepared. I haven't bought new or used clothing for myself in years, so it has been super fun updating my wardrobe. I buy most of the maternity pieces locally off Facebook marketplace ($25 for a trashbag full) and Buy/Sell groups ($5-12 per item including shipping). I've also been hitting the clearance racks in local stores and finding some pretty sweet deals ($4-10 per top).

My jeans have required the hair tie trick since week 10 thanks to bloat. Just in the past week (12), they no longer zip up, so I've moved on to sweats, leggings and maternity jeans. My style has always been form fitting, but I do have several tops that are flowy and bump friendly anyway, so they are bridging the gap. I find maternity shirts SO comfy, that I've been wearing them quite a bit also!

So far, my biggest splurge has been two pair of Blanqi leggings when they were doing a 50% off sale. I LOVE THEM! I'll be buying their support tanks and other pieces as they go on sale.

Thanks Hickory! I've definitely done the hair tie trick with the jeans but they are getting beyond that now. The bloating is still pretty bad for me which just amplifies that bump so much more lol

Crow and Sparky thanks for sharing! Sounds like I might be on the earlier end of things. I tend to like tighter fitting jeans/slacks so maybe that's why? I also have a short torso which I think has caused me to show on the earlier side. I have plenty of loose fitting tunics and dresses that I can comfortably and easily wear for quite awhile yet. I just need some slacks.

I hadn't considered those but and sell sites, that's a great idea!

Thanks Hickory! I've definitely done the hair tie trick with the jeans but they are getting beyond that now. The bloating is still pretty bad for me which just amplifies that bump so much more lol

Crow and Sparky thanks for sharing! Sounds like I might be on the earlier end of things. I tend to like tighter fitting jeans/slacks so maybe that's why? I also have a short torso which I think has caused me to show on the earlier side. I have plenty of loose fitting tunics and dresses that I can comfortably and easily wear for quite awhile yet. I just need some slacks.

I hadn't considered those but and sell sites, that's a great idea!

I'm tall like 5 11 with long body and I had a couple of pairs of jeans and pants a size up otherwise I would have been in maternity a long time ago.

That makes sense crow! I already grew out of my "size up" pants. My torso is seriously short though. I only have like a 2 inch gap between my rib cage and hip bone

I am 24w, 6d. I switched to maternity shorts quite early (9 weeks?) as I felt I didn’t want anything tight on my tummy. They are so comfortable I hope I stop wearing them after baby!

I only started needing the maternity tops in the last few weeks. I prefer long shirts and have a lot of them. Also have a long torso which makes my bump stick out less I think.

I dont buy maternity clothes. I always wear leggings, yoga pants or stretchy harems which fit all and are perfect during pregnancy.
If I needed I would just buy when I felt uncomfortable regardless of what gestation.

I haven't even bothered to try my Jean's on for several weeks. I am all about leggings. I have a few nice pair of very stretchy slacks for backup if I need to look nice. But I won't invest in maternity clothes this time. Unless I find a super cute top. :haha:

I'm sat here wishing it was still warm weather as I'd love to get away with wearing dresses.
I gave up on rubber banding my jeans last week, just way too uncomfortable. Agree with above poster. Whenever you are feeling uncomfortable is the time to make the switch.

Ya I rubber banded my jeans on Friday but it's to the point where they basically gape open. Not a good look lol .

Thanks ladies! I think I'll just take the plunge. I miss having jeans to wear. I'm in leggings 24/7

Tights are my go to pants if i wear any. Im really into just dresses at mo but we are in summer here. I just hate anything mid belly now. So uncumfi. Feels WEIRD!

Maternity jeans arrived today from Next love them so comfy

I am 17wks +4 and while I am showing I have not started wearing maternity clothing just yet.

My clothes are starting to fit tight too but I think I can manage a few more weeks.

My first pregnancy I purchased maternity clothes, this time around I will not be and just getting loose dresses or stretchy dress so I can wear after being pregnant. It will also save money.

I started wearing maternity clothes at 9 weeks hahaha... there was no need for it. I mean, total I gained 20lbs for my whole pregnancy. But - my regular clothes were size 0 and I didn't like the tightness and where I work I couldn't get away with wearing leggings and yoga pants. So, I opted for pregnancy clothes. Most of them looked like regular clothes on me until I got a belly anyways. Didn't regret it though, it's so comfy!

Ya I'm finding my jeans and most of my leggings are just very tight these days, and I hate that feeling of extra pressure on my abdomen. I'd like to have one pair of jeans that I could wear for jean Fridays at work and on the weekends. I'm okay with leggings and dresses at work otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->