Maternity leave... can they refuse

MrsE2017

Reaction score
Iv got 3weeks annual leave left which work want to give me and then switch straight only maternity that’s fine....Iv asked if they could move my leave forward they managed to move it by 2weeks bonus!

I was at ANC today and the doctor is majorly concerned. I keep showing protein in my urine but BP is perfect. Swelling in feet all the way to my knees and is quite bad.
She’s sent me for bloods and I get the results tomorrow whether or not it’s onset of pre eclampsia.
I can’t afford to go on the sick as then I will loose my 6weeks of 90% pay from work.
Can work refuse to move my maternity leave any further forward?
Reason they only moved it two weeks is due to the rota being out already.
I’m currently 28 weeks so last thing I want is pre eclampsia. I work in a care home working 12 hour shifts.

They cant refuse if there's a medical reason for it hun, if it was to just go off even earlier for your own enjoyment I guess then they can refuse, take a note from your dr if you can and explain the situation.

My place of work is trying to get me to go off on maternity a month before babys due because that's the 'norm' in their eyes and me knowing full well I wont be able to physically work later on, I couldn't with my 2nd baby as he tried coming at 30 weeks and had to start my maternity leave early. It's a ballache trying to explain to childless managers my reasons for wanting an early maternity leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->