Maternity pillows, worth it?

Ginaj

Reaction score
Probably could have posted in third tri for this but as this is the group I’m in I will stick and I’m sure many of you have other children as well...

DH has offered to buy me a maternity pillow but wondering whether to take him up on the offer or just ask for the money :winkwink:

I was planning to get a nursing pillow when baby is born anyway, so thinking of getting one that doubles up.

Anyone got any views or experience? Any recommendations? Or are they a waste of money?

I have a giant preggo pillow and couldn't cope without it. It's sort of like a bean bag so can make it thicker and thinner when and where its needed.

Yes best thing ever. I have the Snoogle C-shaped one, it’s awesome. I know they’re a bit pricey but I use it every night and even during the day because it can be folded into a bunch of different positions for back support etc while sitting.

Following, I've been researching a bit trying to decide if I should get one!

For me, no, I found that two normal pillows between my legs was much more comfortable and versatile. Also, when feeding baby, especially if you plan to bf, you often need to adjust the height of any pillows you use, so having something a bit more adjustable than a maternity pillow will be beneficial. I found that 1-2 normal pillows again worked much better. You won't use pillows for feeding for long though, only really in the early weeks and then you just get on with it. I'd save that money and put it towards something you might enjoy more, like a spa day or massage or something for you.

100% yes, I couldn’t of got by without mine during this pregnancy! X

I love mine!!! It helps me stay on my side too.

I found normal pillows useful. I never tried a maternity one.

I love my u pillow. Helps me sleep sat up or supported on my side. Also helps with my hip pain.

Yes!! I have a full length pillow so I can put it between my legs and lay my head on it! I honestly couldn’t sleep with out it. X

I didn't have one in my previous pregnancies just used extra pillows, one between my knees and one under my bump, x

YES! Have him get you the Snoogle! It was a godsend my last pregnancy and so cozy that I never stopped using it. Now enjoying it even more as I get bigger and bigger with our second on the way!

I just used a straight body pillow. I bought a pregnancy pillow (U shaped) and returned it because I just hated it. The body pillow was so much more comfortable and so much cheaper!

So I got the Boppy Total Body Pillow yesterday and I'm so far not sure if it's worth $50!!!!! I had the Snoogle last time and loved that it kept me off my back. This one is more a semicolon shape. I am not sure if I just don't know how to use it or what!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->