Matilda Kathryn - 5 weeks early!! DOB 28/06/09

dreamer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my beautiful little girl arrived on Sunday 28 june 09, by emergency C-Section.

A complete blur now but it was so quick, a few weeks ago I had high blood pressure, but it went, then there was a small trace of protein in my wee, the following week there was a bit more, the docs sent a urine sample off to check for infections, which came back clear, so they told me not to worry but I couldn't get it out of my mind and felt something was being missed, so I called my midwife who said to book in for another blood pressure check and urine sample which I did on Friday 26 June. Went to docs who checked and said I had +2 protein and high blood pressure and said he wanted to phone the hospital for a second opinion. 5 minutes later I was being told the hospital wanted me to go in asap for a check up.

Got to the hospital who shoved me into the ante-Natal dept and told me to get comfy, docs suddenly turned up taking blod pressure, blood checking my swelling and eyes. Eventually a doc came back and said they were concerned about my blood presssure so put me on pills to try and lower it, I also needed to be kept in overnight for observation. Saturday morning docs came round and said pressure had dropped and I might be able to come home on medication. Then just before I was going to leave the consultant came in and said I had to have the baby that weekend, bloods had shown I had pre-Eclampsia which was deteriating quite quickly

Luckily monitors showed it had not started to affect little one. So Saturday afternoon I was in the deliverysuite being induced ( horrible and painful) that night I started having contractions, Sunday docs checked my cervix, still closed so they couldn't break my waters either. consultant came in and said emergency C was to be done instead, next thing I know I'm having a spinal block!!!

My little girl arrived at 22.11hrs Last Sunday.

We have only just got out of hospital as matildas sucking ability ( to eat) was not fully developed yet so she had to be tubed for a few days.

I shall post pics soon :)

congrats what did she weigh ? cant wait for pics xx

Congrats babe :pink: Give her a big hug from me :hug:

xxx

Congrats!! :D Glad she is healthy and you all are well.

Awww hun, congratulations. Glad everything is ok now x x

congrats what did she weigh ? cant wait for pics xx

Hi, She weighed 6.2 which is quite good for a prem baby, but she did drop down to 5.1, but is now gaining again :)

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/SNHARLOW/congratulations-2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"