MAY be pregnant-vitex question

Gypsy1106

Reaction score
I've gotten two very faint pos on first response and will be buying more to confirm tomorrow. The only issue is I've been taking vitex angus, vit b6 and vit c, and maca powder since February 2016 in attempts to naturally balance my hormones-specifically progesterone. I believe I have succeeded hence having ovulated for two months now from not ovulating at all basically, this month being month 2. I've read many conflicting articles about vitex specifically in early pregnancy- some women stopping some women continuing.
Has anyone had experience with this? Should I stop taking it? I have to change gynos because my last one did not want to address my hormones until I actively wanted to try to conceive. Should I try to find a gyno open to natural methods of hormone balance? This is all so confusing. Any help would be sooo appreciated! Baby dust to all 💕

DD is a vitex baby. I took it until 12 weeks and slowly weaned by reducing one pill a week. Was off them at 15 weeks. The thing with vitex is it works to correct hormone issues. So if it's been helping you and you stop those hormone issues can come back. It also raises progesterone which you need to sustain a pregnancy in the first trimester before the placenta takes over. If vitex was raising your progesterone and you stop it could drop the progesterone and cause a miscarriage.

I have yet to find a GYN who knows anything about alternative methods of regulating hormones other than fertility meds.

DD is now nearly a year old and I had a healthy pregnancy so no issues.

I'm so glad to hear that you've had a successful pregnancy with a vitex baby! I've heard some horror stories and began feeling frantic about doing the right thing. Thank you for your reply!! I thought it might be difficult to find a more natural thinking gyn but whoever I choose can't be worse than my last one!! Or so I hope.

I will probably confirm this baby and wean like you have. I've read others doing that as well with successes. Luck to all of us in our journeys��

I was nervous to take it, but it was absolutely fine.

Think about it this way - it helped you to GET pregnant. So something that helped to regulate your hormones and get you pregnant will continue to regulate those hormones to KEEP you pregnant.

You're right. Thanks. I've confirmed with a digital clear blue that I am indeed pregnant. I hope this one sticks! I've had atleast one confirmed MC years ago and have not been able to get pregnant and/or stay pregnant since. Thanks for your input!

Unfortunate update: MC at 7 weeks, probable cause is low progesterone level at 3.7. Saw heartbeat and within 2 hours began to miscarry. OB prescribed Prometrium but no direction how to use it in order to ovulate and have successful future pregnancy. Currently awaiting on new OB call back. Did you have any experience with Prometrium?

I'm really sorry :(. My first pregnancy ended in a MMC. I don't have experience with it personally but I know a lot have had good results.

I used a natural progesterone cream and vitex to help with progesterone and at 8 weeks pregnant I was only at 15/16 for progesterone so that was kind of low too, so I hate to think of what would have happened if I hadn't taken them. Sometimes our bodies need a little help supporting a pregnancy.

Take time for you *hugs*

I've gotten two very faint pos on first response and will be buying more to confirm tomorrow. The only issue is I've been taking vitex angus, vit b6 and vit c, and maca powder since February 2016 in attempts to naturally balance my hormones-specifically progesterone. I believe I have succeeded hence having ovulated for two months now from not ovulating at all basically, this month being month 2. I've read many conflicting articles about vitex specifically in early pregnancy- some women stopping some women continuing.
Has anyone had experience with this? Should I stop taking it? I have to change gynos because my last one did not want to address my hormones until I actively wanted to try to conceive. Should I try to find a gyno open to natural methods of hormone balance? This is all so confusing. Any help would be sooo appreciated! Baby dust to all 💕

I took it to conceive 4 out of 5 babies and I always keep taking it and wean off of it over a few weeks. It helps with progesterone levels in early pregnancy. I've had all healthy & normal, vitex babies so far! good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->