May...

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So I thought we'd be TTC immediately after our wedding in April, but sods law would have it that if I stopped my pill now at the end of this pack then I'd be on my period for both my hen weekend and my wedding! And if I stop it on the wedding night, then I'd be on for my honeymoon. :/

I'm thinking I'd better just wait until after the honeymoon buy that's going to put off TTC by at least a month, AND it means running three packs together with no breakthrough bleed JUST before TTC... Which seems like a terrible idea!

Oooh, I could see how that would be a bummer! Funny thing with dates sometimes. I wonder what would happen if you just stopped the pill mid-cycle instead of waiting til the end of the pack and used a barrier method in the meantime....?

I keep wondering the same thing! Don't know if it's worth the risk though!

Do you mean the risk of having your period at an inconvenient time, or of having the barrier method fail...?

Either way, I guess it's one of those cases of not being able to have everything you want exactly how you want it! I think you'll likely have so much to be happy about with your wedding that waiting another month to TTC won't make a difference to you in the long run. Not sure what impact running the packs together will have though....

I say embrace the joys of your wedding - you'll only have that experience once so enjoy it fully. Then when your body's ready, embrace TTC! It will certainly be an exciting year for you one way or the other.

Could try asking to doctor to give you the northisterone tablets for over wedding/honeymoon. That way you can stop the pill and not bleed then, just have a period after your course of northisterone stops.

Could try asking to doctor to give you the northisterone tablets for over wedding/honeymoon. That way you can stop the pill and not bleed then, just have a period after your course of northisterone stops.

I didn't even know this existed!

It is very commonly used in england. It's mainly used if you have an issue with prolongued heavy bleeding, it completely stops the bleeding to alow for investigations or even just stops it long enough for you body to settle and once you come off it everything returns to normal? It can also be used if you have maybe been of contraception several months and still had no bleed, a 3 weeks course of this and you have a small withdrawal bleed a few days later usually followed by a period about a week later. It is also often prescribed for things like weddings, honeymoons and holidays. I have even gotten it after i had cold coagulation on my cervix then as soon as I was almost healed OH was working away in Japan for 3 weeks and I was due on the day before his flight home landed so gp gave me some so I could delay AF for a week.

This happens to me every time i go on bloody holiday, i have to take my pill without having a break to avoid getting it for holiday. I know it will happen for my wedding, we just decided to not try straight away though, maybe leave 6 months, but i do want to come off my pill for a couple months to try regulate so might do what your doing, come off after honeymoon and figure out my cycle, been on the pill since i was 15 and this really worries me, i'll be 24 when we try, and will have been on it 9 years without a break but it's the only contraception I "trust"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->