mayonaise

vickilouise

Reaction score
loads of people have probably asked this but seriously can i or not? i heard from 1 person that aslong as its from a jar its fine????

i dont wanna hurt my baby but i love mayo on buttis salads chips everything.

advise please!!!

Shop-bought mayonnaise is generally made from pasteurised egg and therefore should be safe for pregnant women to eat, but make sure you follow the storage instructions on the jar.

i love mayo but since being pregnant i havent touched it i know they say shop mayo is safe but i personally dont wanna take the risk.

I ate it, at first I didn't but then realised jar mayonaise was fine!

It's more home made mayonnaise you should stay clear of. Shop bought stuff is made with pasturised eggs so it is fine.
Just as well, cause I couldn't do without it, or salad cream. xx

never even thought about mayo
i eat it, the store bought one never made my own
that must be really hard and time consuming..

sometiems you can get mayo in the fresh produce department - like near yogurts cream etc. It's this mayo that's most likely tobe unsafe - that with a limited life span. Regular jarred is OK I think - might be worth just reading the jar.

I use it all the time.

Sometimes restaurantes and pubs make their own Mayonnaise, so always check when eating out if the Mayonaise is homemade.

Obviously fast food places like Macdonalds use Mayonnaise that has a longer sell by date, so your safe to eat it.

I've had Mayo all the way through my pregnancies, only Hellmans though, i know that is pasteurised. I wont eat it when i'm out though, just because i don't know for sure if it is homemade or not!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->