"Me like jumping off things!"

SarahBear

Reaction score
Leo is old enough to express to me what his "hobbies" are, haha. OK, so he is so persistent about jumping off things, that I've given in and started letting him jump off furniture in the living room. That includes a couple chairs, the couch, and a table. I do not allow him to jump off the back of the couch or the window sill behind the couch. So far he hasn't tried jumping off the arms of the couch or the rocking chair. He also is still not allowed on the trunk in the living room or the dog crate. The table is sturdy, fairly low, and made of wood. Sometimes it's easier to bend the rules. As he gets older, we'll work toward more "civilized" behavior. What rules have you bent with your toddlers?

Not that one! Lol! We bought my DD a stool which she jumps off and she has a trampoline.

We sometimes leave the dog and the toddler in the same room unattended, briefly. The dog sleeps most of the time and when he is awake he gets up and leaves the room.

Whenever I bend the rule about leaving the dog and toddler alone together, something always happens. She's a puppy, so training is definitely still a work in progress. Today she knocked him over, but usually it's Leo doing something to the dog rather than the other way around. Until recently, she was still small enough that if she jumped on him, he didn't get knocked over. I guess we're past that weight range now.

Oh, you finally got the dog! I remember you saying about getting one a while back. What kind?

Our dog is a 7 year old collie/German shepherd cross. He's big, but past the puppy stage now (finally!) and is so gentle around Gracie. She's also great with him as he has always been around him, so knows not to touch his paws, teeth ETC. I know theoretically something could happen, but our house is quite compact and I could be with them in seconds. I'd never leave her alone with any other dogs though.

We've had her for about 5 months. She's a Norwegian Buhund, and she's 7 months old.

We also bent the rule about not jumping off the sofa or the pouffe. It was fighting a losing battle and now we really reinforce the rule about not jumping on the beds as I'm terrified he's going to fall off and break a bone. He has an indoor trampoline, the type with a little bar to hold on but he bounces so high I'm really worried he's going to go over the bar and the whole thing jumps with him.

I let Emma climb the ladder on Thomas's bunk bed, she gets almost to the top then just stands there and yells haha. She's obsessed with ladders.

She climbs on the coffee table and I don't care, there is never any coffee on it. Just a mouse and keyboard.

Olivia (28m) jumps off anything high. I've noticed she doesn't show fear to it. She's attempted to jump the stairs a few times too. I've seen her jump 3 steps, but she tries to go higher. She jumps off the sofa arms at a distance, a quick "ta da" or laughs then does it again. OH literally throws her about like no tomorrow so she must get some sort of buzz from it. She climbs onto the back of the sofa and rolls off too (across the cushions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->