Me VS. OH on the baby girl names!!

I love Abigail as a name, and so my fav on your list is Abbi :)

ok, so i had a chat with OH last night and the list has become shorter!!!

his top ones are: Abbi,Lexi, Izzy and Leyla
my top 3 are: Abbi, Izzy, and Leyla

But im still having trouble! ive picked Abbi and Izzy purely because they are shortenings of names....but id want them like this on the birth certificate.

ISWYM about the Izzy......and that maybe when shes older she would want to use Isobel/Isabella on a CV etc. but i just couldnt do it!!! i feel as if im lying by putting isobel/isabella on the birth certificate coz those are not the names i like.....i like Izzy coz its a lot more modern...especially with the Z's in.
same with Abbi....it would purely be Abbi on the certificate, and not Abigail, coz its Abbi that i like!

i dont want lexi....coz even though its a lovely name, its VERY popular at the minute and one of my friends has just called her little girl Lexi.

as for Leyla....the only prob we have with this, is that OH would want to spell it different...Layla. but its not much of a problem as the others!!

I'd decide when you meet her now you've got a reasonably short list! :hugs:

Good choices looking forward to her arrival. :hugs:

OH confessed that although all along hes been calling my bump Abbi, he is now swaying towards Izzy!! i dont think its ever been this hard to choose a name!!
ive seen alot of 'Abbi's' on the tv who have been very clever!! and nearly all have been beautiful!!! i havnt met an Izzy though yet??!!
also Leyla is creeping in to my mind often too....im just so confused!!!

if we chose Abbi...the middle name would be Louise,
but what about the other two??

I like Eleanor and Izzy. I would like Brooke I think except when I was young I knew a Brooke and when she got angry/fought, she was a biter! Now I can't help but associate it with a little bitey girl. I am leaning toward Eleanor. Nicknames: Elli or Norah or Lenora

I think that you should choose whatever name you like best based on how you feel about the name. Abbi and Izzy are both lovely names on their own. There is no rule book saying "just because the name is a typically shortened name, that is has to have the longer version to go with it". (I hope that made sense, it's very late at night :dohh:) I think you should choose whatever name makes you and your OH happy.:hugs:

I think Louise as a middle name goes well with Abbi and Izzy, less so with Leyla...
Leyla Abbi sounds great though!

ISWYM about the Izzy......and that maybe when shes older she would want to use Isobel/Isabella on a CV etc. but i just couldnt do it!!! i feel as if im lying by putting isobel/isabella on the birth certificate coz those are not the names i like.....i like Izzy coz its a lot more modern...especially with the Z's in.
same with Abbi....it would purely be Abbi on the certificate, and not Abigail, coz its Abbi that i like!

How about Isaura instead of Isobel/Isabella? It can be shortened to Izzy too. I think despite what you put on the birth certificate, that if you call her by a shortened nickname that she'll still identify as Izzy!

I'm with Joey. Now you're down to three names you agree on I'd wait and see which one suits LO best once you've met her.

As for Izzy and Abbi, if you prefer them as full names rather than shortenings then go for it. It's not like you haven't put a lot of thought into it so whatever you call LO, it will be right for her.

im just scared that when it comes to the day and we look at her....i still wont know what to choose!!! how can i bring her home to family with no name :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->