• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meal ideas

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
I need help.
I am stuck in a cooking rut. My son is a fussy eater so he generally gets the same thing week in week out.
I'm bored with the food we eat.
My daughter will literally eat anything.
Please help me!

None of us really like fish but will happily try anything else.

As a rule we eat spaghetti Bolognese, roast dinners and chilli. :blush:

Try to experiment with what he likes, my boy doesn't eat anything cream base, he likes tomato base food, so for us it's veggies in tomato sauce with or without meat. Like meat balls cooked with fresh peeled tomatoes & rice on the side, okra in tomato sauce with fresh corriander & garlic with rice on the side, mixed veggies (carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, all finely diced & peas) with meat cubes & tomato sauce with rice on the side. Eggplants slices roasted with bolognese sauce on top , again with rice on the side. DS doesn't eat pasta or sandwiches, the only carb he eats is rice. Cooked spinach is the only dish he eats without tomato. He also likes cooked yoghurt sauce it is similar to cream sauce but with yoghurt instead or fresh cream.

He is very picky, and he will not eat if there is no rice, I always make sure to have leftovers for next day from what he eats & I cook something different for me & hubby the next day.

I always have a salad for me as a side or main.

What does he eat at school?

sausage casserole in either tomato or gravy based sauce.
Cowboy pie - Sausage meat layered with baked beans topped with mash or sliced potatoes and cheese. .
Tacos from leftover chilli and fajitas from leftover roast chicken.
Cottage or shepherds pie can do pot mash or sweet pot mash, carrot mash or a mixture.
Lasagne from your leftover bolognese.
Meatballs which you can do with a variety of sauce and sides.
Pasta bake, carbonara, pesto pasta with chicken, homemade pizza, homemade chips with whatever.
Fishcakes are nice if you aren't over keen on fish made with leftover mash from roast or whatever and you can use a small piece of cod or haddock or a cheaper white fish, can of tuna or half a small packet of smoked salmon.
Toad in the hoLe, all day breakfast.
Ham egg n chips/new potatoes with peas.
My dd loves mini corn on the cob that you buy frozen which I serve with almost anything.
Hunters chicken.
Pies and veg.
Risotto.
Curry
Baked potato scooped out mixed with cheese and ham or whatever and put back in the skins and back in the oven for 20 mins.
Burgers.

Get him to help you prepare it ? Also tell him it's the same as xyz that he eats.

X

Cowboy pie sounds good, I'm trying that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->