Meal/Snack ideas for a dairy free diet?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Im running out of ideas, anyone else in the same boat who has some different ideas? I think Seth is getting bored of banana sandwiches and toasted teacakes

xxx

Ive been wondering this jacob is lactose intorlant so not all diary but im so not sure what to give him, so ill be watching this! XxxX

Is there certain dairy things Jacob can take? We've just taken Seth off everything dairy.

Just wondering - our GP hasnt been very helpful and not given us much advice at all & our HV clinic has moved days so we cant get there anymore.

xxx

what about veg like a broccolli tree or a cucumber or tomato or fruit like a piece of mango, or soft cooked apple, or watermelon as a snack, or cherios like cereal?

i think ffion is getting bored too!

Cupcake - he has a lot of fruit and veg too but Im worried about him not getting the fatty bits that he's supposed to get in cheese and yoghurt and stuff. He lost weight recently and now he's put on about 2 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Really don't want him loosing anymore

Toria - is jam ok? Thought it was packed with sugar?

xxx

you can get the lacto free yogurts and cheese but i dont think theyre that nice

No he's tried it and hated it, the only thing he liked was lacto free custard but it's dead watery.

xxx

do you guys have hummus, or chick peas, they are loaded with protein, what about meat, like chicken, or ground beef that also has a lot of protein, and eggs. If you want him ot put on weight, its really the carbs that will do it, like give him cereal for dinner.

Can he have soy? Or coconut milk? They have those yogurts as well...goats milk too. Hayden couldn' have any dairy from birth (well I couldn't drink it he only nursed and it bothered him big time) and couldn't take it straight until like 15-16mo he finally started outgrowing it...so there is hope! Hayden's snacks mostly consisted of diced fruits and cooked veggies, some dried fruits that weren't too chewy that he would choke. Ummmm...it was hard to find but I found some cookies (low sugar and organic) that didnt have milk. Try going to a health food store, like Whole Foods, Sprouts, something like that, they will have a bigger variety of dairy free snacks there.

Cupcake - he has a lot of fruit and veg too but Im worried about him not getting the fatty bits that he's supposed to get in cheese and yoghurt and stuff. He lost weight recently and now he's put on about 2 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Really don't want him loosing anymore

Toria - is jam ok? Thought it was packed with sugar?

xxx

Shes had jam from 9 months, I was told it's alright!

Toria - no one has ever told me that its not alright I just thought itd be really sugary so never ghave him any! Ill try him though Il bet he'll love it lol

Cupcake - yes we have hummous never thought about trying him with it but Ill def give him a go :) I hate the stuff lol

mummyof3co - he can have soya, but Im not sure about coconut or goats milk, never thought about it really. He's lactose intolerant so if either of those have lactose then its a no no. He doesn't mind soya margerine or custard, but he didnt like the yoghurts of choccy buttons.

Thanks for all the ideas :)

xxx

No they don't have lactose, goats milk is supposed to be really good for you, like better than cows milk? That's what some people say atleast, but it can be really pricey. We used rice milk for Hayden and he LOVED it, it's still his favorite thing to drink

I was wondering the same ok jacob is only 7months but im struggling as he is lactose intorlant and like i use soya butter etc for toast. But cant find any kids lactose free yoghurts only adults are these ok to give?!?!?! Also anyone know where i can find a lactose free cheese?!?! Ive looked in all the supermarkets round her and cant find any. But was unsure on goats cheese for babies and if that had lactose in it?!?!

Sorry to take over thread just saves making another XxxX

Also :rofl:

Egg's do they contain lactose?? or are they just dairy?? I ask me HV and she doesnt have a bloody clue got the piedtrition and dietition on monday 11th but thought may as well ask her 1st XxxX

Eggs aren't dairy and don't contain lactose...they are in the dairy section in the store but aren't actual dairy cause its not milk :) Adult yogurts are fine, some kid yogurt has alot of sugar, baby ones not usually, but it's really a marketing thing, some do have added DHA or things like that but for the most part they are all the same.

Ema, I've just started Ollie on Alpro Soya Smooth Yoghurts and they're lactose free and can be given from 6 months. My friend is lactose intolerant too and she has lactose free cheese so will ask her for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->