Meant to be weaning..,emotional wreck

keese22

Reaction score
I have been trying to wean ds from the breast very gently over the last few weeks by Swapping breast feeds for bottles. Today is the first day that I haven't Breastfed him and I'm an emotional wreck. Is this normal? I can't stop crying :(

YES. It is normal! I was very emotional when LO stopped nursing AND I was still pumping so didn't have the hormone changes. This is a big transition for you guys. It will get a lot easier but give yourself time to grieve :hugs: and remind yourself that you have been and will continue to be an amazing mother!!

I couldn't do it! I figured me
Emotional response was perhaps I wasn't ready (he doesn't want to stop I did)
Fed him this evening and feel so much better and he is a lot more settled. I never knew not feedin would be so hard

I was also thinking perhaps when I stop breasfeeding I may express and give him that milk in the bottle to ease the transition :/

do u mind me asking why you planned to wean? if u dont feel ready then carry on hon!

Pure exhaustion. I think we've just hit a bit off a wall :(

Hey hon, I have been slowly transitioning for a few months now. I'm slowly replacing one feed at a time with bottle of formula.

My supply atm is soo low I donno how I can continue. She doesn't have the patience to nurse properly now but sometimes (esp when she's tired or upset) she still prefers the breast and I feel so so so bad for trying to cut her off me.

So I'm still pumping, once at lunch and once before bed, I'm only getting about 50ml (2oz) per session from both sides, it's very time consuming but I can't seem to stop without feeling incredibly guilty.

I didn't know stopping will be this hard too :hugs:

Thanks for starting this thread

I know how you feel. The thought of weaning makes me feel ill. I realized yesterday that I only nursed my son 3 times all day. It's usually 4-6. I felt super sad about it. I know I'm not ready yet to wean and neither is my son.

You don't have to quit altogether if you don't want. What has you so exhausted? Maybe cut down to one or two feeds? That way you still have the connection but it's less tiring. (Although I'm interested in what has led you to feel so exhausted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->