• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Measuring 4-6 days behind at dating scan :(

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
We saw a hb but I'm still really concerned! I had a + opk on feb 11 and a + hpt on feb 22.
They said today I'm 6+2 which is impossible as it would mean a bfp at 5dpo.
If I assume I oved 48 hours at latest after + opk that would be the 13th and a bfp at 9dpo making me 6+6 but its prob more likely I oved 11th or 12th and bfp at 10/11 dpo. Which would make me 7-7+1.

Do you think she measured wrong? (Pic below)
Is this a sign of doom?

Hb was 129.

https://s24.postimg.org/ad46aeklh/image.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/abu8gzirp/image.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/d38wturwl/image.jpg

screenshot windows

ive seen loads threads where baby is behind a week and then caught up at least at 12wk scan.
seems you seen hb thats still really good, they offered another scan?

i was put back a week with son at 6 weeks - they never changed it and he came a week early - well spot on as i knew when i ov - dont worry xxx

As ill be a high risk pregnancy with scheduled cesarean its worrying me, that even if everything's ok, this will affect delivery date, my son was born at 38wks when my placenta had an abruption and they noted it was similar to that of someone overdue

My scan at around 6 weeks-ish was behind a good few days from the weeks-ish one...don't think it can be that accurate until your dating scan? Not sure.

Many babies early on measure behind on scans and tend to catch up by week 12. Even if they're still a little behind it still doesn't mean it's a bad thing and they may just be quite small build.

I was measuring spot on on my seven week early scan, but my 12 week scan (I'll be 11 weeks and a few days when I go for it!) may say something completely different!

I'm also on a few pregnancy apps, I input the same due date and some are saying I turn 10 weeks on Sunday and some say I turn 10 weeks on Monday!
Which I also don't understand, so don't worry too much :)

As long as they see baby is healthy on the scans next time everything is good :)

I went for a emergency scan at 6 weeks, knew when i o'd so when they dated me 4 weeks 5 days at my 6 week scan i was convinced it was over i would have had to be like 3dpo to get a bfp with those dates, i went back a week later i should have been 7 weeks and i was dated 6 weeks 3days when if the the first scan was right i should really have been told 5 weeks 5 days well anyways i felt much better, i was put forward 2 days at my 12 week scan so more a less caught up and now 25 weeks :) dont worry sometimes it take baby longer to implant properly and they are so small it will be hard to get a accurate measurement x

Even a few mm out can make a massive difference at this stage! Also, it's very common for babies to measure a few days behind - they usually catch up by 12 weeks and your due date will probably be adjusted then. :hugs:

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you. My scan at what I thought should be 7 weeks (last thurs) measured 5+6... so like you I have been stressing out ever since.

I have another scan tomorrow so I guess I'll see then what's up but I'm very nervous. :wacko:

When do you have another scan? I hope it will turn out okay for both of us....

They will always take the due date from the 12 week scan - so plenty of time to catch up. I was told a week either way is ok - more than that is cause for concern.

With my MMC I was 8 weeks measuring 6w 2 days and they still thought it would work out ok (I knew it was highly unlikely). xx

I was put back 6 days with DD after an early scan, I thought I was 8wks but they put me back to 7+1 and at my 12 week scan they put me measuring 6 days ahead and at my 20 wk scan but they never changed my EDD and I always measured near enough a week a head and she was born at 39+2 x

My dating scan dated me back 4 days even though, from using OPKs and getting a positive at 9dpo, I was positive of my conception date. A few weeks later I had an ultrasound because I thought something was wrong, and baby measured EXACTLY (actually, one day further along) than my original dates. My midwife said the original sonographer must have made a mistake, which is very easy to do since they are dealing with mere millimeter differences between days.

Also, depending on O dates and implantation dates, gestational age can vary by a lot if not pinpointed by OPKs an when you got your positive test.

Baby is so tiny at this stage its very easy to miss of a mm or 2 while measuring.
Please dont worry. X

Please try not to worry to much, a lot of places here don't do dating scan until 12 weeks because it is hard to determine at such early weeks. being a week behind or farther is common when scans are done early, Let the heartbeat speak for now. I think you will be just fine and once you get your next scan hopefully it puts your mind at ease. Good Luck!!!

I'm sure everything is just perfect and at your next scan baby will have caught up.

My dates are the same as yours. I also had a positive ovulation test on 11th February along with ovulation cramps and I just KNOW that's when I ovulated. We only dtd on 8th, 10th and 12th February and then I had a BFP on 22nd February.

I have a scan tomorrow to check dates and get some reassurance so will be interested to see what we see and if I get put back at all!

X

Now I'm worried after seeing everyone else's scan my uterus looks such an odd shape?!

Now I'm worried after seeing everyone else's scan my uterus looks such an odd shape?!

It doesn't look particularly odd to me. Having googled a whole bunch of scan pics after my first one I came to the conclusion that everyone's gestational sac at this stage is a bit different. Some seem totally round, mine looks like an eggplant. It probably also depends on the angle of the u/s (since they usually wiggle it around to get the best pic of the baby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->