Measuring behind and fluid levels

Reaction score
Today I had my anatomy scan. I'm 21w5d and today baby was measuring 20weeks. My amniotic fluid level was at 8.2 which I've seen is a low percentile for this gestation. Before this, baby was measuring on target. I know that scans can be wrong (went through that with my daughter). But I'm wondering if anyone else has went through this too. Did everything end up okay, did they have you come in for more scans?

I dont know about the fluid levels but at my 20 week scan with my dd she was measuring about 10 days behind. I was really concerned and asked the doctor and he looked at me and said " Get up and look at yourself in that mirror. Look at you! You are short and small. What do you expect. Your baby will be short and small". Actually I am not THAT short, I'm 5'3 but he reassured me that everything was fine and at this point genetics plays a role so not all babies will grow at the same rate anymore. She was born at 5lbs13oz, so small but very healthy. As long as they stay above the 5th centile then they are still considered to be growing normally.

What did your doctor say about it?

I echo what Steph said. I am having growth scans because my baby is measuring small for dates on the scan. My last baby was also small. She weighed 5lb at 38 weeks when she was born. I am petite and my OH is also short so it's prob just normal for me.

Hi milosmommy! I know this was a while ago, but ive been searching because im going through the exact same thing! My little girl is measuring a week behind and has low but not really low fluid levels. I would love to know how you and LO are getting on.

Xxx

My dd2 started measuring behind at 28 weeks. I had low fluid too. Anyway, had weekly scan sans steroid injections and suddenly she just picked right up along with the fluid levels at 38 weeks.
She was born at 40+6 and 7lbs 8oz...not bad for baby (wrongly )estimated to be 5lbs at term.

She was born just fine and is now a super active two year old. :flower:

Ultrasounds showed my baby was between the 50th and 55th percentile every month (I had to have monthly growth ultrasounds due to a cord condition). DD was born 9lbs 7 oz.

They basically don't know what they are talking about. Is your doctor concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->