measuring just over 2 weeks ahead-scared now.

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
At my last mw app i was 28+4 wks pg and i measured at 29 wks. Today i had my nxt mw app im 32+4wks and i measured at 35wks!!!! Everything else was normal-bp,urine,and babys hb and baby was head down. The mw said that baby could just be lying stretched out and thats why im measuring bigger.

She said that i will get measured at my nxt app in 2 weeks time (ill be 34+4 by then)& if im still measuring too big i will need to go for a growth scan to get an approx weight of the baby. If the baby is too big i will probably be refered to a different hospital as the hospital ive chosen to give birth in is mw led only and they only do complication free pregnancies.

The mw told me not to worry between now and my nxt app. Of course im freaking out and blaming myself. Have i done something to make baby grow so much? I dont feel very big and ive only put on weight on my stomach. Is there anything i can do to prevent baby from growing so fast?

Don't worry. Firstly 2 weeks ahead is not a big deal. Here they don't bother sending you for a scan unless its greater than 3 weeks or you are not following a steady growth line. Lots of reasons to measure ahead.. baby position, extra fluid, length of baby. I measured 2 ahead all pregnancy. It did make me nervous but figured nothing o could do. Had my son naturally on gas and air at 40+6. He was 9lb 2 which if you had told me before would have terrified me but it was fine. He is not off the scale or anything. I'm only 5ft and asize 10.

Try not to worry.
I was put ahead a week by my 12 week scan, then belly measurements put me an additional 2-3 weeks ahead depending on the Drs visit, and now my scan last week puts me back to my original due date based on my lmp.
My belly measurement yesterday at the Drs was measuring in accordance with my 12 week scan date so
The dr said baby must have just been in a weird position.

Don't freak yourself out about it too much! I measured 2-3 weeks ahead the whole third trimester. Fundal height isn't super accurate in terms of measuring the size of the baby and can vary depending on position, fluid level, even who is doing the measurement. My LO was a week late and was born at 8 lbs, 8 oz...so he was a bigger baby, but not huge or anything.

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead and then eventually 3 weeks had a growth scan and determined that I just have a very healthy baby growing inside of me. I would not worry and don't blame yourself a bigger baby is not a bad thing at all!

I was measuring 2-3 weeks ahead since 28 weeks, weight wise my son was a bit bigger than average but less than 2 of my other boys were, and his head was the smallest out of all of my babies xx

I've been measuring ahead too. I'm 36 weeks but measuring at 38 weeks, looking at baby he is average size. Doc said it could just be the way baby is laying or extra fluid etc, nothing to worry about. If you are concerned about the baby's size just request a growth scan but remember they are just a estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->