Meats (homemade)

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Which meat do you cook for your LO, in what form (breasts, cubes, mince) and how do you cook it (pan?, butter, oil?)

I've cooked some of Josh's meats in a pan with organic olive oil, but isn't it too greasy ? I don't put a lot in there, just a dot to make sure it doesn't stick.

I also don't put seasoning... it's very plain, but this is the way it should be shouldn't it?

thanks

I'm also interested about what people have to say about this. I just give organic meats from a jar because I'm nervous about what I should or shouldn't do.

As long as it is well cooked it really doesnt matter! My daughter who is 6.5 months old has had chicken stew - brown some chicken in a bit of oil (thigh is best as it has more iron than breast), then add whatever veg you have to hand - onions, carrots, parsnip, potato, tomato are all good ones (can use all of them or just some!). Add some water to cover and some herbs if you want (i tend to use dried oregano) and cook for about 20 mins or until it is all tender. Then mash, or puree or whatever. Dont add any salt or sugar and you'll be fine. Another one Freya has is bolognaise sauce - brown some mince in a pan woth garlic, carrots and onion. Add a tin of tomatos and some herbs and cook for about half an hour. this can then be put in the blender to make it a bit finer. I serve it with small bits of pasta and Freya loves it.
Hope that helps! I spent many weeks worrying about what on earth to give my daughter but after talking to the health visitor and some friends i realised that i can more or less give her what we have for our dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->