Medication for uti

Littlebear11

Reaction score
So I found out I have a uti and my doctor prescribed apo-cephalex to me. Has anyone else taken this while pregnant? Is it safe?

It is category B. Medications are not usually studied on humans during pregnancy, and this medication is not a rule breaker - it hasn't been studied on pregnant humans. But it is widely recognized as safe during pregnancy, and many, many others have taken it during their pregnancies. I always treat my UTIs naturally, and I have had one with each pregnancy. 2 Tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in some water every day, 32 oz of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice per day, PLUS extra water. This will flush out the bacteria and create an acidic environment, in which the infection cannot survive. You have to watch your sugar intake, too, though. I'm not saying don't take the antibiotic - go ahead. But I would add these things, too. Antibiotics actually cause UTIs a lot of the time, so I'd do the double whammy just in case.

It is category B. Medications are not usually studied on humans during pregnancy, and this medication is not a rule breaker - it hasn't been studied on pregnant humans. But it is widely recognized as safe during pregnancy, and many, many others have taken it during their pregnancies. I always treat my UTIs naturally, and I have had one with each pregnancy. 2 Tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in some water every day, 32 oz of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice per day, PLUS extra water. This will flush out the bacteria and create an acidic environment, in which the infection cannot survive. You have to watch your sugar intake, too, though. I'm not saying don't take the antibiotic - go ahead. But I would add these things, too. Antibiotics actually cause UTIs a lot of the time, so I'd do the double whammy just in case.

This time around I'm going to take them but I'm deffintly going to try that out if I feel it happening again.

I always treat my UTIs naturally, and I have had one with each pregnancy. 2 Tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in some water every day, 32 oz of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice per day, PLUS extra water. This will flush out the bacteria and create an acidic environment, in which the infection cannot survive. You have to watch your sugar intake, too, though.

This is awesome, I've been looking for something like this! 3 months ago I allegedly had a UTI. The OB "tried to call me" to let me know, but she never actually did, so I didn't find out until the next month's routine appointment, at which point she wrote me a prescription. When I went to pick it up, the pharmacy said the OB must have not called it in because I wasn't even in their system. It's been 3 months now, no treatment, and I have 0 symptoms of any infection...either it cleared up on its own, or my OB is even more incompetent than I thought. Regardless, I switched to a different care provider.

But it's definitely helpful to know this remedy! I really did not want the antibiotic, and I'm glad fate stepped in and didn't let me take any since it turned out to be unnecessary this time around. (Also not saying DON'T take the meds, but it's good to know there are other options)

It's been 3 months now, no treatment, and I have 0 symptoms of any infection...either it cleared up on its own,

Just to say, really glad you don't have symptoms and you probably don't have a UTI, but you might want to just get a sample tested by a doctor just in case because it is possible to have a UTI with no symptoms at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->