Meet my daughter (V.long) *pics included*

BoLt_InFeRnO

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies. Thought I might share my birth story and show off my beautiful baby. I did post something in 3rd tri, but I was a little out of it, and it makes no sense!! Giving birth was the most amazing experience I have ever had. And would do it again in a heartbeat!

Wednesday 27th I called midwife triage at the hospital. I was having regular, long contractions. (Every 3-4 mins, lasting about a min.) And they were hurting. I was checked over by a student nurse, which really hurt! And was only 1cm dilated, but wasn't thinning too well. Was given codeine, and sent home, told to have a bath, and get some rest. I managed like this till Friday night, I had very hot lavender baths, the hottest curry ever, (I hate curry!!!) And made OH DTD. Something worked!

Friday night, about 8pm, I was in Triage again. I was in so much pain. I was so disappointed in myself, with not being able to cope with the pain. I was sent home once again, with codeine, told to have a bath, and get some rest. Bearing in mind, I hadn't slept since monday!!! So off I went. I was up all night. Poor OH was fantastic! Running me baths at 4am, sitting up with me watching DVD box sets, rubbing my back......

8am Saturday, I was in Triage again. I was growing quite fond of this place :) I was finally 2cm!! I know its not a lot, but after 3 or so days of slow labour, I was finally progressing. She gave me a sweep there and then. And, I will say, that throughout my whole pregnancy, and labour, that was the most painful thing!!! But again, I was sent home, told to rest (fat chance) and given more codeine. I was going to get a pethedine injection, but the midwife was so encouraging, and said I'm handling it really well, and to just carry on with what I was doing.

By this point, I was tired, angry, hungry, and just generally fed up! So me and OH went to FIL's for a bacon buttie :haha: I'm glad I didn't go straight home. I sat with MIL, FIL, SIL, OH and niece, with my TENs machine on. By 1pm, the contractions were getting worse. I took some paracetamol, and went upstairs to try and sleep again. I was back downstairs within 10 mins. its hard to sleep through contractions.

By 2pm, I was ready to give up. I couldn't breath through the contractions any more, the TENs machine wasn't working, and my niece could no longer entertain me. I knew my body was giving up, and I needed some help, so I was off back up to the hospital for some pethidine. I was given another internal. This time I was 7cm!! We we're off!!

From the second she told me I was 7cms I didn't stop smiling for the next few hours. I was so excited! I was taken to the labour ward, walking, very slowly. Its hard to walk and breath through a contraction at the same time. I was shown to my room, and introduced to my midwife, Nicky. She was fantastic. She went through my pain relief options with me, and because my community MW hadn't gone through this, or my birth plan with me I had no idea. So me and OH decided to start small, and work my way up.

Gas and Air is fantastic!!!!! It tastes like those rainbow sweets you can buy. It didn't get rid of the 'pain', but it definitely took my mind off things. I started stood up for about an hour, but then my legs went, and I asked to kneel on the bed. Then things got a little hazy. I don't remember lying down, but I remember being on my side when my waters broke. And god did they break. It was the weirdest feeling ever. They broke so hard and fast that my membranes were hanging out. The pressure was horrible. There was no pain as such, it was just uncomfortable. It just felt like I needed to poo really bad.:haha: I ended up back on all fours.

OH was really good the entire way through, but he could see I was starting to struggle. I remember pulling faces at him, trying to reassure him. I think it worked. I pushed for about 20 mins. I remember the 'ring of fire' it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. But I felt it! Baby was led funny in my belly, sort of sideways, and she wasn't engaged. So I had lots of pushing to do. :wacko:

I don't remember her calling another midwife in, but I do remember her telling me off to stop pushing, because they needed to turn baby. I was hurting now, I didn't know how close I was, I was begging for more pain relief, and I was sobbing, because it was taking ages. (I'm so impatient!) I turned to OH and asked for a hug. And did one sneaky last push, and she just fell out. Literally!! It was amazing. :happydance::happydance:

Sorry its so long, but it really was the most amazing experiance ever.

So, finally, please may I introduce you to my daughter, Layla-Mae Findlay. born 30/10/2010, 5.19pm 2.5 hours of labour weighing 7lb!

Attachments

• IMG00174-20101101-1255.jpg
    IMG00174-20101101-1255.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG00193-20101105-1913.jpg
    IMG00193-20101105-1913.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00194-20101106-1724.jpg
    IMG00194-20101106-1724.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG00059-20101105-0021.jpg
    IMG00059-20101105-0021.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00165-20101030-2110.jpg
    IMG00165-20101030-2110.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 42
congrats on the birth of Layla-Mae - she's just gorgeous!

Congratulations - you seem to have amazing stamina. And what a wonderful 'gift' you got for all your hard work. Enjoy her.

Congratulations and well done! she is stunning! x

Hehe, i'd be the same, i'm very impatient! Your daughter is beautiful, well done, and congratulations! xx

Congratulations! She's lovely xx

COngratulations :happydance:

She's beautiful and I love her little outfits :kiss:

Awww congratulations she is beautiful :) xx

Congratulations - she's gorgeous! Loving all the little outfits she seems to be working her way through already!

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"