• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mega cone head w/pics

Kacey514

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first post and I am the very proud father of a little baby girl that was born on may 31st. My wife went through a pretty rough birth and my monkey had to be pulled out with forceps. I know there are a hundred threads about cone heads but I wanted to post some pics of my girl to see what you all thought.

It's not just a cone head, but one side has a bigger bump and there is quite a deep groove in the middle. Thank you all very much.

Pics @ 1 week old

https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/kaceyfourtwenty/09fd6517.jpg

https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/kaceyfourtwenty/13f58c57.jpg
https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/kaceyfourtwenty/d1e79ce2.jpg
https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/kaceyfourtwenty/6a43a436.jpg

Oh my goodness - the poor little thing! I hope your wife is ok as well?

I haven't seen a baby's head like this before so can't really offer anything useful, but what did the hospital say about it? I think heads can settle back to a normal shape quite often by themselves, but there are special helmets which babies can wear which re-shape the head while they are still tiny, so it could be worth investing in one of those. You would need to see a paediatrician (sp?) to get one though.

Your little girl is beautiful, by the way, she looks very peaceful in the pics!

x

oh she's absolutely gorgeous!!

I wouldn't worry too much about her head, it should correct itself in time. They would've said something at the hospital if there was anything to worry about, and don't forget, your little girl has been through the trauma of birth aswell as your wife! :flower:

Oh my goodness - the poor little thing! I hope your wife is ok as well?

I haven't seen a baby's head like this before so can't really offer anything useful, but what did the hospital say about it? I think heads can settle back to a normal shape quite often by themselves, but there are special helmets which babies can wear which re-shape the head while they are still tiny, so it could be worth investing in one of those. You would need to see a paediatrician (sp?) to get one though.

Your little girl is beautiful, by the way, she looks very peaceful in the pics!

x
Thank you.. She's a little sweetheart. Many doctors and nurses saw her and her head and no one seemed alarmed. She was wearing a hat most of time so I never really noticed how bad it was. We are going to the tiny tots clinic in 2 weeks so I will speak to the pediatrician about the helmet. Thank you.

oh she's absolutely gorgeous!!

I wouldn't worry too much about her head, it should correct itself in time. They would've said something at the hospital if there was anything to worry about, and don't forget, your little girl has been through the trauma of birth aswell as your wife! :flower:
:winkwink: thanks.

Here is another angle
https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/kaceyfourtwenty/7f9e0cfe.jpg

Ah my son had this too it did take weeks to look fully go down I warn you but it did and his head is just fine now. At the hospital they stuck a hat on him before they handed them over and it stayed on for ages so damn I got a shock when I took it off, it was like they were trying to hide it lol.

Yeah my little girl was a forceps really long stuck labour too, and her head looked pretty much the same. She is nearly completely fine now at 5 months,but be warned it can get worse looking before it gets better, and it goes so hard you worry that the bones have formed wrong! But it's fine. It can take up to a year to correct itself, but i don't think any helmets are necessary.

my sons was exactly the same when he was born in the same place aswell, he still has a slight bump at five months but not anywhere near as noticable, the docs said the skull had formed over the bump to soon so its somethings that hopefully will lever out with age, and his curly little afro hides it a little x

My niece was a vacuum baby and her head was like that. The bump from the vacuum lessened with time but they did suggest a helmet. Parents didn't go the helmet route so niece's head is slightly uneven and only noticeable to a few so saw her with a more pronounced bump.

itll go away eventually dont worry! it might take a few months though!:)

Aww I'm sure it will go down in no time, poor thing

I had a ventiouse and again Tori was very similar, it took a few weeks, but she will be just fine :flower:

My baby was born with a similar size lump!! There were no forceps used, was a natural birth but for some reason he had a lump from all the pressure, it took about 2 months to go down in the end. Try not to worry, it will go eventually x

My sons head was like this and it went down in a few days but it took until he was sitting for it to round out completely.
Congratulations. x

Erin's head was black and blue, and coned a bit, but tilted over to one side - basically she looked like she'd escaped from Avatar. It's gone down now - her head's still slightly asymetric (it's more rounded on one side, more of a slight-squarer shape on the other - both would be perfectly normal head shapes - it's the two on one baby that's a bit off) but it's sorting itself out well now.

Hers was mainly from being preemie so with softer bones anyway and being in the birth canal so long - assisted by forceps to make her a nicely bruised mess (not to mention how much of a nicely bruised mess I was by the end of it myself!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->