membrane sweep anyone?

Googiepie

Reaction score
I went for an ultrasound today and the doctor advised me that she's measuring 7 pounds 13 ounces. They did say it was give or take but they are pretty confident that she will be on the bigger side. They suggested a membrane sweep next week, wondering if anyone had this done? Success rate?

Had this done this morning so waiting to see what happens.

They only work if your body is ready from what I understand. If a sweep is successful you could go into labor within the next few days, if it doesn't work nothing happens. My lo is measuring around 6 lb 6 so far at 36 weeks. My dd was 7 lb 3 at birth (41 weeks) so I'm kind of worried lol but my dr assured me I'll be fine. She won't do any sweeps till I'm around 39 weeks. I think last time I was already 40 weeks when I had my first one, then had another a few days later, then went to the hospital at 40+6 at night to get the tablet and I was induced in the morning.

Had one last Tuesday but I wasn't dilated enough for anything to happen. I did lose my plug the following night, so I guess that's something.

Had a "really good one" yesterday and I've been miserable ever since. Constant cramping and I'm certain I had my show last night. Just waiting for it to kick in.

Had one yesterday and I'm over due. I'm 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced and it did.. pretty much nothing.

I had one with both my previous babies and I had a bit of cramping afterwards but nothing happened. With this pregnancy I have one next Thursday, the day before my due date. Based on my previous experiences I am not holding out too much hope but you never know! I would like this one to come around the due date as my other two were a week late and waiting once your due date has passed is torture!

I had 3 with my daughter and none of them did anything. I ended up going into labour naturally and she was born at 42 weeks exactly.

I keep hearing from people that it didn't really work for them now I'm worried. My Dr checked me at 36 weeks and nothing was happening, cervix was closed. Hopefully, cervix will be open for the sweep to be even done. Fingers crossed!

Just stalking this board from second tri.

I had a sweep with my first - on my due date. I had it at 7pm, at 1am the same night my contractions woke me up, headed to hospital at 10am the next day and she was born at 7pm. So 24 hours from sweep to birth for me.

Good luck! Hope it works :)

I had a sweep on my due date with my son, the midwife told me that my cervix was nice and low and she was able to reach it with ease, she gave it a good pull forward and stretched and sweeped it.
I started getting contractions that night.
I had started to lose my mucous plug 2 weeks previous to that I must mention.
Also I've been told that if it's going to work it usually works within 48 hours.
Good luck hope it works for you x

I had a sweep on my due date and went into labour about 36 hours later.
Fingers crossed it works for you :) xx

I had one where she could barely reach my cervix and I went into labour 8 hours later. So for me it was successful at starting labour.

Well its been over 24 hours since mine and nothing so guessing mine didn't work. Onto induction Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->