Membrane sweep success?

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if any of you's have had a sweep with success and how long it took to work, if you were dilated etc..

I had mine done today at 38+4 due to being in 'early labour' for 2 days. I'm 2cm dilated, 50% thinned out, the baby is fully engaged and the cervix is anterior and right where it should be! I'm really hoping it works! My midwife told me to walk and have sex as it might get things going. If not they may talk about inducing at my drs appt on Friday.

I had a sweep around midday - was stretchy and 2cm and midwife stretched me to a 3. I found it quite painful, but had some cramping almost immediately and had some bloody mucus, and then a bigger chunk later on in the day.

At midnight early labour started, so pretty much 12 hours exactly since the sweep :thumbup:

Good luck, I hope it works for you :D

I had a sweep around midday - was stretchy and 2cm and midwife stretched me to a 3. I found it quite painful, but had some cramping almost immediately and had some bloody mucus, and then a bigger chunk later on in the day.

At midnight early labour started, so pretty much 12 hours exactly since the sweep :thumbup:

Thanks rwhite!!

Did you do anything to give it a helping hand?

I went for a 1.6km walk this evening and have been DTD, as advised by the midwife lol. Also about to do some nipple stimulation! I've been cramping a bit just waiting to see if it turns into anything!!

My sweep resulted in Jacob being born 4 hours later! It was an awfully intense experience as I went from 2cm to 10cm in an hour and after two and a half hours of pushing with my body turning him from back to back to the right way he was born. Good luck! x

I had a "failed" sweep (cervix was tightly closed so midwife was unable to sweep membranes) at 40+5 with my daughter - was told that I was nowhere near ready to go into labour yet - lost my plug later that day and then went into labour the next day.

Thank you for your reply

Aw wow!!

I sure hope so! I had it done at about 3pm, it's now midnight. I'm having really bad period cramps/mild contractions? Every 10-12 mins, still pretty irregular tho. I'm hoping something kicks into gear soon!

I had a "failed" sweep (cervix was tightly closed so midwife was unable to sweep membranes) at 40+5 with my daughter - was told that I was nowhere near ready to go into labour yet - lost my plug later that day and then went into labour the next day.

Thanks helen!

You just never know when it's going to happen do you!

I had 2 with harry here they do them 48 hours apart had first one didn't notice anything different second one same again felt normal but 6 hours later loosing massive amounts of plug contractions started and that was it so they do work :)

I had one done at 41 weeks with dd. I was 2cm and went to 3 cm after the sweep and lost my mucus plug right there. Had mild cramping off and on for about 12 hours before my 1st contraction and then my wAter broke! Dd was born at 7:37am (19ish hours after the membrane sweep)

Thanks rwhite!!

Did you do anything to give it a helping hand?

I went for a 1.6km walk this evening and have been DTD, as advised by the midwife lol. Also about to do some nipple stimulation! I've been cramping a bit just waiting to see if it turns into anything!!

I didn't do anything, just waited it out...think I recall doing a bit of dancing though to help move him down :haha: But that may have been another day so don't quote me on that!

Saw further down in the thread that you'd been having some contractions...I hope you're in labour now or even better, holding your little guy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->