Men using laptops and sperm health.

Lady H

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
My DH has his SA later this month, and we've had fights over how long he spends every evening with his laptop on his lap. He uses a tea tray that has a beanbag under it and thinks that is saving his spermies.

In read this today and think otherwise https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1327662/Men-use-laptops-knees-harming-fertility.html

Any experience out there of SA improving after stopping a laptop habit....!? Any general thoughts?

Hey LadyH, this one I can answer :) My DH does IT( Networking, and whatever else is involved in a computer job) for a living so he spends lots of time on laptops where it sits on his lap near his swimmers, and his SA has always come back great so its not affected him at all and he spends hours because its his work. Hope this helped :hugs:

My DH used to always use his laptop without a desk even. I've bought him a desk to use and don't think with the desk it increases the temperature at all. It's just when it gets really hot down there that it might cause a problem. We conceived a baby a few months ago (but MC), so I know he should be okay in the sperm department.

As thanks Ladiea that does really help. he has his SA Friday and is currently just using his tablet. Ha ha. Not sure how long for after Friday though.

Update....SA results were really good and he is in his 50's. He may have been right that the tray he uses avoids the overheating issue!

Not sure about ther actual effect on SA but I can tell you the instructions we got with our IVF paperwork said DH needed to keep laptops away from the groin area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->