Meralgia Paresthetica...anyone else?

bibicakes

Mother to Isaac
Reaction score
I've been dealing with this for nearly 3 months now. It started off as a quarter sized numbness in my left thigh to a burning sensation every once in a while. Now with any little touch or movement my leg feels like it's on fire. The pain is totally unbearable and I've already seen a doctor about it. She said its meralgia Paresthetica and there's nothing I can do for the pain. She explained the pain will get worse as baby grows because he's sitting on a nerve, and it will go away after I give birth. The thing that sucks is that I'm on my feet all the time, I'm a hair dresser, and I'm one of the most busiest at my salon. It's also getting to the point where lying down used to help, but it doesn't any more. The pain is excrusiating. Anyone else dealing with this? Tips on how I can deal with the pain?

I just found a new book on Meralgia Paresthetica on Amazon. It's called 'Curing Meralgia Paresthetica' and the table of contents is very, very detailed. Stuff like pharmaceutical drugs, natural remedies, nighttime strategies, exercises. Even soothing music apps to calm you down. Lots of good links and references. Written for patients rather than doctors, even walks you through claiming disability insurance. Definitely worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->