Metforim

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey,
Im going to be starting Metformin tomorrow. I don't have PCOS. My blood sugar level is a little higher than it should be. My doctor thinks that it may help lower it and also to help me ovulate. I have been trying for a year in August. My period is about 10 weeks late but she doesn't want to give me Provera.
I was wondering how long it took you to get your BFP on Metformin and any side effects that you had?
Thank you :)

Hi there. I take it for suspected PCOS and started on 2000mg in mid November. Now 7 weeks preg so took about 6 mths.

No side effects if you build up the dose gradually but you do have to watch what you eat... Anything naughty and you'll need the loo. It helped me lose best part of 20kg too!

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon xxx

Hi there. I take it for suspected PCOS and started on 2000mg in mid November. Now 7 weeks preg so took about 6 mths.

No side effects if you build up the dose gradually but you do have to watch what you eat... Anything naughty and you'll need the loo. It helped me lose best part of 20kg too!

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon xxx

Thank you for your reply.
My doctor only wants me on it for 6 weeks. Im hoping it helps me to ovulate during that time and that it helps me lose some weight as well.
Im hoping that I don't get any side effect. Don't think that will go down well at work if im always going toilet because of diarrhea :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->