Metformin ladies ttc

prdarmywfe

Reaction score
Hello!! Im new to this so I hope I'm doing this right!! I am 25 and I was Diagnosed with PCOS. My doc put me on Metformin. I am hoping this does the trick. We did Clomid with no success!! I want to hear success stories :happydance: Thanks ladies!!

I suggest using ovulation test kits too. Moniter mucus production aswell. Good luck

iv been on metformin for about 6 months now and its helped me to lose almost 2 stones xx

I already have a baby with help of Metformin, toddler. We wish another, so I am on Metformin again, 2x1000mg. I have lost only 2kg for a month, but my ovulation is back. You should also check your adrenal glands, as well as thyroid. All these are connected. Good luck.

hey mate :) I'm also new on this forum !
I'm on my first month of Metformin, and for the first time in a VERY long time i had a 33 day cycle instead of a 60+ day cycle !
I'm taking Ovulation tests everyday now to see if i Ovulate, wish me luck !!!!

I Wish you tonnes of luck hun :)

Katherine, good luck with metformin. I also take it, so I hope it will help with my second baby.

Hey guys i started metformin yesterday... Im in the middle of my 4th cycle my cycles are so irregular.. (44,33,51, currently on cd 38) gahhh! Ive had some mild stomach issues... but i can deal with that... KATHERINE- you was only on it one month and it got you down that low???

Just to rembember: provide enough vitamin B supply for your body during metformin treatment, B complex granulated or capsules.

Hey guys i started metformin yesterday... Im in the middle of my 4th cycle my cycles are so irregular.. (44,33,51, currently on cd 38) gahhh! Ive had some mild stomach issues... but i can deal with that... KATHERINE- you was only on it one month and it got you down that low???

Yep it sure did :)
I was on the tablets for about a fortnight and got my AF on cycle day 33. Will let you know if i get another nice small cycle lol

I was wrong about my cd it was 36 not 39 but i got af... two days after starting met... Now ive lost 16 pounds last month and im wondering if it was that, or the met already? i welcomed a 36 day cycle... and the crzy thing? I have an app on my phone that says when im supposed to get af... and it was actually right today! its NEVER been right...

I was wrong about my cd it was 36 not 39 but i got af... two days after starting met... Now ive lost 16 pounds last month and im wondering if it was that, or the met already? i welcomed a 36 day cycle... and the crzy thing? I have an app on my phone that says when im supposed to get af... and it was actually right today! its NEVER been right...

Metformin is a miracle drug right :happydance:
My periods are usually around 60+ days i couldn't believe after been on Metformin for 5 days i got AF on cycle day 33, now the thing I'm waiting for is to see if it happens again lol :)

I love metformin! Between that and the low gi diet I'm on, I've lost 46 pounds and it's looking VERY good that I ovulated this cycle for the first time in well over a year! I'm just so thrilled. :) :happydance:

Hi everyone, was just looking for some advice from people that have taken metformin as i have just started taking it this wk and have heard some horror storys of people getting bad stomach cramps and diareah and sickness but ive not felt any different to normal, no loss of appatiete or anything so was wondering if this is normal or should i be getting some of these symptoms, ive started on 1 500mg tablet a day going up to 2 of these a day nxt wk
appriciate any advice many thanks kaley

Hi everyone, was just looking for some advice from people that have taken metformin as i have just started taking it this wk and have heard some horror storys of people getting bad stomach cramps and diareah and sickness but ive not felt any different to normal, no loss of appatiete or anything so was wondering if this is normal or should i be getting some of these symptoms, ive started on 1 500mg tablet a day going up to 2 of these a day nxt wk
appriciate any advice many thanks kaley

This is how my Endocrinologist started me as well. I think it was a great way to get my body used to the metformin in small doses rather then put me on the full 2000mg/day right away. I've noticed that at times I do have some cramping/diarrhea but it's not very often and it usually comes and goes pretty quickly. I've found too that it very much depends on what I eat. If I have something with bad carbs or high sugar in it, then I'm likely to have diarrhea shortly thereafter.

Are you following a diet of any sorts?

Thanks for the reply :flower:
Ive not been following any diet as yet but amd going to eat much healthier now im on the metformin. i go on to 2x 500mg tablets next wk so should i feel more of the affects then? i was told by a friend who was on metformin that the first wk she felt really ill and had bad cramping and diareah so was expecting the same, dont get me wrong im not dissapointed ive not got them lol its just making me think it might not be working for me. what has been your experiances on metformin? have you had a period? have you lost weight and most importantly have you become pregnant? sorry so many questions but im so new to this and would love to here what other have been through, i know everyone is different but i find it very interesting reading everyone else's storys
many thanks kaley

Hello Kaley!
Im very new to met as well... took my first pill on tuesday (500mg) this tuesday i need to take 2 pills (1000 mg) and next tuesday 3 pills from there on out (1500mg) ive had diarrea, some cramping. no nausea or vomiting though... And i only had diarrea and cramping the first two days... I was told to take the pill in the middle of a meal... like eat-pill-finish eating, then drink a crapload of water. I havent gotten preggo yet,its only been 5 days! BUT my cycles were crazy... My last cycle was FIFTYONE days long! i stated taking met and batta bing batta boom, af came 2 days late (36 day cycle but hey, much better than 51!0

I hade a bit of diarrhea/cramping with each dose. It was a bit like my body would realize I was adding and protest a bit, but really it's not been bad. Now that I'm at the full dose, I mostly just notice it when I've eaten something I know I shouldn't. I haven't had a natural period yet, but I think that's going to change this cycle. I think I actually have a better then average chance of getting pregnant - I had a bit of spotting today at 9dpo and I think that's a great sign along with my dip in temps. This month marks my first natural ovulation which I am sooooo happy about!

I have my journal linked in my signature, you are more then welcome to stalk and get more info about my experiences from there! :)

Thank you for your story Antsynewlyeds, we seem to be in a similar situation, I came off the pill a little over a year ago and have only had 2 very light periods ( it lasted 3 days and was just spotting) the first 2 months of being off it, then nothing no O, or any any sign of period and i used to get really tender bbs and back pain but not had a thing since i had blood test from the doctors and it came bk i have a mild form of pcos so luckely no symptoms, im trying not to get my hopes up that the met is going to be a instant fix and i'll b pregnant within the first months like some but its hard not to be excited. im on 1x 500mg daily till then i go on to 2x500mg daily for a wk then 3x 500mg daily untill fingers crossed i have a BFP. whats your journey been so far? xxx

Also thank you dodger you advice has been so helpfull and i will defanitly be reading your journey with great interest. hopefully girls we will be pregnant together, I do have a 4 yr old son Archie which took us 9months tc with no problems so dont understand why my bodys being a pain this time lol xxx

That'd be awesome! I'm about 1/2 way through my 2ww right now and I'm feeling pretty good about this cycle. I'm hoping my good feeling pans out!

I had a similar experience as you Kaley except I had no period at all for 4 months after coming off of BC. My previous OB prescribed me provera to kick start my period and it did - once. Then I went from that period in October 2010 until June of 2011 without anything yet again. In that time I switched OB's and my new OB prescribed me prometrium every 6 weeks if AF doesn't show and referred me to an endocrinologist for testing/help with raising my fertility/losing weight safely.

In August I started Metformin at my endo's recommendation. It's not been an immediate change for me, but I HAVE noticed that it's helped me in my weightloss quest, and I've noticed some changes in my body cycle-wise as well. Last cycle I had a day and a 1/2 of heavy spotting just about the time my AF should have been starting. It didn't turn into AF, but that was the first natural bleeding my body had done since I'd come off of BC! This month as I've mentioned, I am positive that I've ovulated for the first time in well over a year. So not a *quick* fix, but steady progress. I'm thrilled with it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->