Microwave or Electronic Sterilisers

nessajane

Reaction score
Im confused!!

Any body have any experince in either? and if so do you reccomend using one or the other?

Nessajane I am glad you asked this question! I was on the mothercare website today looking at the array of sterilisers, bottle warmers and different types of teats etc etc and I honestly have not got a clue about any of it, it's totally mind boggling!!!!! :shrug:

Nessajane I am glad you asked this question! I was on the mothercare website today looking at the array of sterilisers, bottle warmers and different types of teats etc etc and I honestly have not got a clue about any of it, it's totally mind boggling!!!!! :shrug:

I was actually in mothercare today and was looking at them all and im still none the wiser :(

i have electric one.. but that was only cos it was half price when I got it... £20 instead of £40 and was actually cheaper than the microwaveable one!! :)

I bought the tommee tippee one for use in the microwave and cold water solution. I will use it in the microwafe though its quick and stays sterile for longer than steam ones. I had a mothercare steam one with my daughter it was good but i just fancied a micro one this time!

I brought a mircrowave one, kinda the same reason as Kerry, was in the sale, so thought hey bargin!!!

I got an electric one because it was half price in the sale lol ... dont have a microwave so couldnt of had one if i wanted to lol

I got the electronic sterilizer.When I went shopping both microwave and electronic one were very pricey.But I decided on this one,don't like using my microwave at all much. xxx

I will be using an microwave one. The electric ones use your electric like mad. They cost a fortune to run. It's like having a kettle running so I went from an electric one to a micro one last time and will be sticking with micro.

i got the avent electric one, then was walking round tesco and the TT one was £10, so i got both,

only incase i dont like the electric one lol

I got TT electric one, only cos I don't like using microwave much anyway.
xx

I have got a mirowave and electric- I use the electric one far more than the microwave.

electronic , i had the micro one for my first and i much prefer the electronic one :)

I love microwave ones, i tried a microwave 1 n for some reason i never felt comfortable with using it, i know i'm wierd. In asda they r doing steam ones for £15 and they have a couple of bottles with them.

Electronic steam ones are great.

With the microwave ones, if your microwave breaks (which they often do), you'd have no steriliser. With the steam one you can just put it in the corner switch it on and forget about it.

We have got the Avent IQ 24 Electronic one, it keeps bottle continuously sterilised for 24 hours til you need to use them, it cost £60 so it was quite expensive but I think it's going to be a godsend!
Microwave ones are really quick and good too though, I had one last time xxxx

Neither.

Cold water sterilser for me. :D

Much much easier. And you can put dirty bottles back in the sterile fluid once baby's finished drinking.

Mine is a microwavable one aswell as cold water,but I won't be using it as a micro one.

Electric, im being given one so thats that decided for me :lol:

I have a microwave one as I used one last time and found it sooo easy. 8oz of water, 8 mins in the microwave and bang they're done! x

I've been wondering about sterilizers too cos we're not sure which one to go for. From reading your posts though it seems both work pretty well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->