Mid-thirties TTC buddy... trying to stay healthy

greta01

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I'm new to the forum and looking for TTC buddies. I'm mid-thirties, we're trying for #1 and I'm interested in staying healthy ... (LOL, not obsessing about losing weight) but trying to eat well and exercise right through the TTC journey and pregnancy.

I've a BMI of 30, so while we are not waiting for me to get in better shape before I conceive, I am trying to make big changes while we try - eating as natural as possible and consuming less sugar, refined foods etc (major sweet tooth here!)...

Anyone interested in doing this with me?

We could exchange healthy recipes (I love cooking and -- prolly the reason I'm not at a healthy weight :haha:), tips, and keep each other in check with respect to daily exercise. I want to do this going the vegetarian way if that matters... (I'd love someone to share meal plans etc with).

Hello Ladies, I'm new to the forum and looking for TTC buddies. I'm mid-thirties, we're trying for #1 and I'm interested in staying healthy ... (LOL, not obsessing about losing weight) but trying to eat well and exercise right through the TTC journey and pregnancy.

I've a BMI of 30, so while we are not waiting for me to get in better shape before I conceive, I am trying to make big changes while we try - eating as natural as possible and consuming less sugar, refined foods etc (major sweet tooth here!)...

Anyone interested in doing this with me?

We could exchange healthy recipes (I love cooking and -- prolly the reason I'm not at a healthy weight :haha:), tips, and keep each other in check with respect to daily exercise. I want to do this going the vegetarian way if that matters... (I'd love someone to share meal plans etc with).

hi, welcome to baby and bump! im 31 and we are also trying for our first. Currently waiting for AF - nearly a week late :haha: doc appt on thursday.

i'm also not a healthy weight, but im trying to be better. i have a major sweet tooth, chocolate is my down fall

DH and i dont eat a lot of red meat, and i dont like fish - so would be nice to share some recipes.

Hey, Me too -- I'm about a week late and seeing the doc tomorrow for something else but will see if she will give me a blood test. HPTs have been giving me ghost lines and squinters so it ain't any good.

GL with your appointment Thurs - let me know what happens! xxx

What kind of exercise do you enjoy? I'm most comfortable with pilates, yoga, and walking...

OK, time to go make me some lunch - nom nom :happydance:

i also like zumba - used to go swimming but not now. we've a wee dog - like going for walks with her.
Hoping that the appt on thur goes well, even if im not pg, then just to have piece of mind would be great. Good luck with your appt, let me know how you get on x

Hi ladies,
We're trying for our second. When we decided to go for our first, it took us three years! We decide to give ourselves a break and concentrate on our health. Hubby and I decide to follow a vegan lifestyle(however, I do sneek cheese in from time to time). We got started using the book "Eat to Live" by Joel Furhman....it's strict but if your mind is ready for a change, it's great. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months...the following month I got pregnant with our first! I also exercised regularly (spin classes, Zumba, yoga, and weight training). I followed the workout regimen for my entire pregnancy, however I fell off the diet quite a bit...my mind set was, I'm pregnant so as long as I'm exercising, I can eat whatever...WRONG!! I gained 55 pounds!! So, when I get pregnant this time around, I'm going to avoid all my trigger foods(chips, icecream, candy). It was a struggle getting those 55 lbs. off. Don't want to put myself thru that again!
Here are some great cookbooks that I use. Keep in mind that some of the recipes can be high in fat and sugar, you need to modify some of them. Books: Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, The Candle Cafe Cookbook, Nonna's Italian Kitchen by Bryanna Clark Grogan. Here are some websites: vegweb.com, chooseveg.com, theppk.com. I hope this helps you all....good luck on your journeys!

Hi Ladies

Im also mid thirties with a BMI of 30 we have been TTC for 15 months. We have had all the investigation tests which hasnt revealed any problems. I would love someone to talk to about the ups and downs.

Hi all! I am 33 and we are ttc #1. I am on CD 1 and am really hoping for a BFP in March! I always intended to get into great shape before getting pregnant, but I am just going to do my best to stay active and eat healthy through this process. Last month was our first one of trying, and as crazy as this sounds, I always thought it would be easy and we wouldn't have to wait. I thought the second I was ready to get pregnant - it would happen. The more I read, the more worried I get. Now it seems silly that we waited this long. Hoping we all get BFP's soon!

@ ameli welcome! i also thought that it would be easy to get pregnant too - still waiting to find out what is going on this month - think im somewhere between 21 and 25dpo with bfn up until now - AF is 12 days late - which has never happened before. Still feeling sick on and off during the day and bbs have started to hurt - which is unusual for me. fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Hi Ladies! 35 yo ttc#1 here! We are on our third month ttc, currently 2 dpo (maybe, had trouble with opk this month... sigh). I am trying to lose weight and we are 98% vegetarian (100% at home, not so much when we go out!). I have been trying to eat low-carb and exercise. So far I feel less bloated and that is a nice feeling. I have only drank alcohol once since we started ttc, and by that "once" I really mean over a five day vacation. I can't seem to stop coffee, am down to one regular cup and one decaf a day... need to work on that! I would be happy with a 30 lb loss, but hopefully can just get BFP and continue healthy eating and moderate exercise throughout pregnancy. All of my friends my age who have had their first and breastfed are now thinner than before they got pregnant and I would like that for me, too! i like walking my pup and I have a treadmill but don't use it much... I recently purchased some workout videos and am enjoying them!

Hi ladies, I'd like to join you. I'm 35 trying to conceive #1. I am at 34% BMI ekk. I've been talking about getting healthy but have not really made an effort yet. I've been to the doctor too, i'm at cycle 5 TTC, CD3 but thought it would happen right away too so I feel like it's just never going to happen. Husband was diagnosed with decreased morphology but doc told me I shouldnt worry about that yet. I'm so confused now and just need ppl to talk/vent to that understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->