Middle Name Battle

mercedybear

Reaction score
My dh and I allready have baby's name picked out for either gender, he had a first name he was set on(for a very long time) for a boy that I agree with, and I have had it set for the girls middle name to be my Moms name"Carmen" for quite a while. He is worried about a battle starting because if LO is a girl his mom will be upset that her name is not included. BUT, my reasoning is my "girl" middle name is my Mom's name as a tribute, when I was born I was 3 months premature and both my Mom and I almost died during my birth....my Mom told the doctors if there was a choice between either of us surviving to "save the baby". Plus, my Mom has an illness which will give her a shorter life span and she is already struggling so much in daily life,she did not have an easy life or upbringing and is such a good mother to me despite all her previous hardships. It is a tribute to my Mom and all that she has done for me. I think if my MIL has a problem with it that she is being selfish, its my choice ( and dh's) and I wont stand for her putting any grief on my dh for our "girl" middle name choice.

Let her know ur agreement on boy vs girl. he has his boy choice, so it is fair. We started getting unwanted name critism from my in laws too

I argued this same point buy stating fact baby will have same surname as my DH mother whereas my family wouldn't get that so only fair took my dads name as middle name. Seemed fair.

I started getting grief about it as Hublet doesn't have a middle name so they don't see why I want one. I want my child to have Robert after my step dad as he bought me up or Sheila after my mum... The only issue is I know in laws will feel left out plus if it's a boy I've also got the added issue of my real dad's family. Dad died a couple of years ago and whilst wasn't really a dad when he was alive, he has provided for us to start a family after his death. So potentially I'm looking at either 3 middle names for a boy or 2 for a girl lol xx

Tell your OH maybe for the next one you can consider his mom's name.
We used my dad's name as DS's middle name. It went well with his first name and OH said it's fair as the baby gets his last name. Not sure about the next LO, we might just pick something that sounds nice!

It would be really petty of her to be upset about something like that, do you think she would make it into an issue? If so, just stay strong and once LO is here, she will be thrilled to have such a beautiful granddaughter that all will be forgotten.

This is actually the reason we're not doing any family names. Too many to honor and I don't want to start that debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->