Middle names (again)

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
So I've decided to put my foot down and choose my favourite name for a girl. I've gotten a lot of negative feedback on it, and I wasn't going to use it at first. I don't really understand why it isn't a well accepted named because I think it is beautiful, but I've decided to use it anyway because I am pretty much in love with it. I just need a middle name for it now. So the name is Penelope. I was thinking Penelope Grace, but want to hear some other ideas as well.

Right so your going with Penelope as your first name? Whats wrong with that lol, i think its cute.

As for middle names ... Penelope grace is nice, i think your going to need a shorter, easy middle name to even it out but im at a complete mind blank right now lol

What ever u choose will be the best for your baby.. do what makes u smile :)

I think Penelope is delightful. Who told you otherwise??? My parents didnt particularly like my sister's choice for he son 'Seth' and my Dad in particular takes the piss out of our choice of Hebe but ultimately its not about what anyone else thinks is it!!

I think Holly is right - a single syllable second name is a must with a 4 syllable first name. Grace has the right sound to it for Penelope too. I think a very traditional name like Grace works well.
x

awwww i love penelope, its a really girly name :)
agree with polo and mervs mum, Grace after it suits,
do you have any names from films you like? or music artists?
or maybe you have a language thats important to you (i speak mostly english but i knew i wanted a welsh name for my baby) and choose a name from that language..
or maybe give her a family name like a great granma's name or even her mummy's name for a middle name??

x

Also agree with polo- keep it simple, shame i didn't take my own advice!:dohh: i was unsure whether my family would like paige as alot of my family chose quite traditional names, i had one joke about it from my dad , but that s not unusal for him. Chose what you like, your the one who's going to be shounting it the most!!

haha speaking of negative feedback...my aunt just called and I told her Penelope and I got:

"WHAT! Raelene! What are you trying to do to the child!?? Its just as well to call her envelope, isn't it?!" :dohh:

What about Penelope Sinead (Sha-nade)?

that works hun, how do you feel about it?

whatever name you choose there will aaaaalways be some fussy mare who wont like it lol, i liked darcey to begin with and all i had was "pride and prejudice" (Mr Darcy is a character)...
if you like Penelope Sinaed then you go for it :) x

penelope is cool....and so is grace theres lots of lil short nice names
-marie
-jade
-louise
- mai / maye / may
- fay / faye

they jus a few x x x x

I dont see why Penelope isnt accepted.. I think its unique and beautiful and with Grace as the middle name it also becomes classy! I couldnt help with comin up with somethin else for a girl lol i will name my girl if i ever have one Audrey after my grandmother its kinda tradition but i picked Mia Audrey.. Audrey and Grace are both that old hollywood star kind of classy so i think uve done well!

i'd call my first girl sayuri rose because i wanted to call my child lillian rose after my great grandmother, but some girl who i went to school with has just taken that very name grrrr but sayuri means small lilly in japanese and i think its really beautiful......i really like penelope grace not to keen on the sinaed (sorry about the spellings haha) but it's what ever you choose tbh :)

i'd call my first girl sayuri rose because i wanted to call my child lillian rose after my great grandmother, but some girl who i went to school with has just taken that very name grrrr but sayuri means small lilly in japanese and i think its really beautiful......i really like penelope grace not to keen on the sinaed (sorry about the spellings haha) but it's what ever you choose tbh :)

Oo, Sayuri is lovely! We were trying to think up Japanese names but lots of the nice meanings had not so nice sounds to Western ears. One hears of Sakura a lot but not Sayuri.

Penelope is cool too, Penny is a good short name as well.

Penelope is cute...I mean,I know you've liked it for a while so since it hasn't eased off go for it!

But I don't like Sinead particulary,Grace is much much better.
Penelope Grace really fits perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"